Got back into some mischief...

hey Paul! bout time your shaven self showed back up around here :beerchug::beerchug:

Hope all is well on your side of the world, if you find yourself heading towards the mainland let us know :thumbsup:

Yo Zukster!!! I know, right? Been awhile...been awhile. Things are ok over here...for the most part. Gas prices went up ($4.52 a gallon) not even a month after they went down, the bastids. I actually am planning a trip over to the mainland...probably next year. It'd be awesome to link up with you guys again! :thumbsup::beerchug:

How much for the butt shots?! Oh wait, I already have those :laugh:

Looking great Paul, and I love your tattoo and know so much thought went in to it...great way to honor those you love and those that have made you who you are today :thumbsup:

Now about those pics?! :p

:laugh: The butt shots!!! Yes, yes...I remember those! I didn't quite have the chance to frame and sign those...I was, er...a bit compromised at the time. :whistle:

The really cool thing about the tat on my arm is that my brother is the one that drew the design. I asked him to sketch out what was in my mind's eye...and I think it turned out pretty good. :thumbsup:

As for the pics...well, all I need is an addy and I'll get 'em there pronto-like. :D

Hey Paul. Great to see you. That looks like a Knights Templar shield and also the cross. My grandfather was a KT and I have his cross and ring.

Can't go wrong having a guardian angel.

Paul

Holy moly....LAZER!!! Bro...I have not seen you in AGES!!!! How you doin, buddy? :beerchug:

Yes sir, you are correct: it is a KT shield and cross. Very cool beans about your Grand Dad...very cool indeed. Would you mind posting up pics? I'd love to see that.

And correct again...never can go wrong to have a guardian angel. I'm doubly lucky in that I also have my son as one of them. :thumbsup:

wait, wait.. looks like those were done a little while ago... (no redness...)

was doing well till I saw the smile... :laugh::poke:

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Ah...I also forgot to tell you that I'm part Wolverine. :laugh: Heheh...nah. They were done about a week and a half ago...was plenty red. Oddly, though...it wasn't too bad the day after. ???

Many thanks! And hey: that's a million dollar smile!

Ok, ok...maybe it's worth a buck or two. :laugh::whistle:

Hokay...so I guess we also need an explanation, yes? The initials in the very first pic are J.A.M., which are my son's initials. I chose to put those in the center of the cross on the shield.

The sword, shield and angel wings represent the Guardian Angel. I've told my boy's mom many times that he is a guardian angel for her family. I came to the realization that he is just as much my guardian angel as I am his.

The two sets of initials on the cross on my chest stand for my biological father and for my Dad.

My biological father, the J.R.M set of initials, passed away when I was only 15 months old. I spent nearly my entire life looking for clues about the person he was and tried early on to follow in his footsteps.

My Dad (I have NEVER referred to him as my step-dad), the D.R.M. set of initials, passed away in 2008. He was every bit a father to me as my biological father...and he taught me everything I know about being a man and being a Dad. Almost anyone can be a father...but it takes a special kind of person to be a DAD. Everything I know about being a man I learned from him...and everything I know about being a provider and a protector comes from him.

I got the cross with their initials on my chest as a way of honoring their memory. If you look in the center of the cross, you'll see that the space is blank. My mother's initials will go there when, knock on wood and a fervently offered prayer that it's a loooong time from now, it's her time to join them.

So there you have the story of the tats and the reason I got them. They are all a huge part of my life...so much, perhaps, that they ARE my life. :beerchug::thumbsup:

paul

Great explanation. I kinda got teary eyed reading it. Don't know you but I like the way you think. :beerchug:

I miss all of those threads between you and Revlis :rofl: The good 'ole days...

Links to the entertainment :poke:

Holy moly....LAZER!!! Bro...I have not seen you in AGES!!!! How you doin, buddy? :beerchug:

Yes sir, you are correct: it is a KT shield and cross. Very cool beans about your Grand Dad...very cool indeed. Would you mind posting up pics? I'd love to see that.

And correct again...never can go wrong to have a guardian angel. I'm doubly lucky in that I also have my son as one of them. :thumbsup:

As requested.

KT ring and cross.jpg

You need to come around more often my brother, nice tats ......... I have none :laugh: Glad you didn't join that other group :laugh:

You need to come around more often my brother, nice tats ......... I have none :laugh: Glad you didn't join that other group :laugh:

Thanks, Dof3! Don't tempt me to break out those other pics...you know, the ones with the buttless chaps? :poke:???:laugh:

Back