Got a smart T.R.E. on the way!

Chango

Registered
I'm completely green when it comes to sport bikes. I've had two other sport bikes but never really knew how to ride or get the speeds out of them like some others lately I've been learning out to build the RPM's up at lower gears and bang through the gears. Man I can now apprecieate the power of my busa! Well I was told that if I get a Smart TRE I will notice the bottom gears will much better! So I got it ordered! I run a micro full exhaust and a PClll tuned by the dealer. I've read a few post here about it not affecting the map. I wanted to know from folks who run a T.R.E if the noticed the difference. thanks in advance!

Like He Said........Send it back...There are SO many posts on here about what to do with your bike for the money that you have. A TRE (In My Opinion) is a waste of money.....

Its pretty much a done deal payed only $20! Maybe do the map later. How ever once I install the TRE the bike will be unrestricted?

Thank you for the input. I admit from the start of this post that I'm very green and have been doing my research. Johnnycheese I have read where you have posted on this topic before. I understand that you are not a fan of these. I completely understand your reasoning. To answer your question why I asked. I can say that for $20 I felt like I couldn't go wrong. Hell it's worth a try. I have a map on the bike already that was applied and dyno etc... when the previous owner put the full exhaust. My question was " what are the results from those who have tried it?" not how do you feel about them. I have no problem with the logic of "use the money for a map etc..." Maybe I miscommunicated my position I did not want to know results from "folks who have them" so I know what to expect when I get mine plugged in. My position is not "what are the opinions on the T.R.E so i can decide to get one." I do appreciate the opinions of folks who know much more then me about these machines. Please don't take this as me being a smart ass but this is my honest explanation as to "why I asked". I have done some homework and I have read on a few occasions your strong opinion on this topic and your logic makes since. I just wanted to give $20 a spin and see what happens. Thank you for your input

let me :welcome: you and there are not bad questions...ecu flashing is much more in depth...but arround me..there are no vendors so i went with a tre and pc3 and dyno

So let me piggy back on this post and ask what is the purpose of the TRE, because I bought a bike with one on it and I am a nob..and would like to explain what it is that I have on the bike...

Again sorry for the question onya post...

let me :welcome: you and there are not bad questions...ecu flashing is much more in depth...but arround me..there are no vendors so i went with a tre and pc3 and dyno

It makes the bike think it's in 5th gear all the time. I'm willing to bet if you pulled it you wouldn't know the difference.

So more or less just to help with gas milage?
Nothing with performance enhancement?
Or making it faster?

I pulled mine off after learning the hard way that it turned my sport tourning machine into a gas guzzler. I was getting 35-37 on the highway using only low rpms, and under 150 miles on a tank of fuel.

No performance increase...actually an overall decrease.

Should have asked before purchasing.

So more or less just to help with gas milage?
Nothing with performance enhancement?
Or making it faster?

It's claim to fame is to unrestrict the bike. If you want an unrestricted Busa buy a 99 or 2000 not a TRE :laugh:

SLIGHTLY more responsive in the lower gears as the timing is advanced - again SLIGHTLY - and the top speed limit is gone due to it thinking its in 5th. Top speed limiter is just a false rev limiter in 6th gear.

As advertised, however I've read so many negative post over the years that IMO the only way to have an unrestricted Busa is to buy one.

$20 !

JEEEZ! I pay 20c for a resister that isn't "smart" but works.
Easy to put a little toggle switch in if you want to do back to back on/off tests.

My 04 and current 02 were both done for about $1 each and I can flick it ON/OFF
unlike an off the shelf version.

Got it here pulled the seat and raised the tank. Guess what? The previous owner already had one on it.Boy did I feel stupid.Sent it back got my $20 back Thanks for all of the input!

I have the Xtre on my 08, been on for 6 yrs. no problems runs great, good gas mpg. but mine wasn't 20.00 bucks. I had my tuner install pipe, pcIII,Xtre, & dyno all at the same time.

Back