Got a package today!

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
Here's what was waiting for me when I got home today! I'm going to get right to swaping these out first thing in the morning. Is there anything special I need to know? Getting the front sprocket off? Special Tools? Will I need loctite? etc...thanks in advance!

P1020090.jpg

P1020094.jpg

are you changing it cause the chain streched, and the old sprockets were curled at the tips of the teeth? If so are you changing the chain as well?

The front sprocket is on there really tight. It would help if you had a second person pressing very tightly on the brake pedel. Also, the bike should be in gear so the front sprocket isn't spinning freely. Just be patient, it will come loose. By the way the front sprocket is locktighted at the factory.

wow, that came as a kit, how much? don't lose any of the cush drive's in the hub, and be carefull not to crossthread the bolts when putting it back together(theyre special bolts and kinda pricy, you'll see what i mean when you get it taken apart. have fun:beerchug:

Hey I replaced both front and rear with the chain. Actually, I borrowed Rocs impact gun he bough from harbor freight. And it worked like a champ!!! My wife went and bought me an impact gun the next day. She's the best!! Anyhow just take your time...NCpanthe01.//

-Yes, I'm changing it because my current chain has stretched (17k miles on it). The rear sprocket doesn't seem to look too bad. However, I've been told it's best to changed the chain and sprockets as a set. I'll post a pic of my current sprocket in a bit.

-If the front sprocket is locktighted at the factory then should I assum I needed to add locktight when I put the new one on? If so, any particular kind I should use?

-Yes, it came as a kit...it $236.95... Here's the link!

-You're lucky. Yeah, neighbor has offered the use of his impact gun if I need it. We'll see!

As promised...pics of my current chain and sprocket...not sure if you can tell anything by these...

P1020099.jpg

P1020100.jpg

P1020097.jpg

P1020098.jpg

looks like it's starting to cup the sprocket, the chain looks like it isn't very limber any more. time for fresh parts anyway.:thumbsup:

Back