Got a New Helmet and RS3 Exhaust Finally-Pics

jeffroe334

Registered
I finally decided on the Shark RSR2 Carl Mudderidge design. I got the chrome shield for riding in the day time. Normally I'm an XL but was a Large in this particular brand. The dealership wanted $600 for this helmet, I got it on Ebay for $298.00, was pretty simple math for me.....

The helmet is like a suction cup on my head. It's DOT and ECU-22 yada yada something like that safety reg. My favorite thing about it is the visor system.

There is a tiny hole in the shield that allows it to snap over this button on the helmet that keeps the shield locked down and never pops up at high speeds changing lanes and such. The wind noise is also quite low with this model. It takes a little getting used to snapping the shield open with this mechanism holding it closed but its a piece of cake now. You can also take the shield off and put it back on blind folded in like 5 seconds flat.....

I also bought some RS3 Bolt Ons from another org member Hurc. He was kind enough to even install them for me. We've been through the bits and pieces of Tropical Storm Fay in South FL for what feels like a month and hadn't been able to ride for a while. I didn't notice much of a performance increase (I wasn't expecting one) but the sound is much better than stock and these pipes are very light compared to the shovels.

I plan to chop the rear fender up and remove the reflectors this weekend.

I hadn't posted in a while and had to provide an update.

Jeff

hlemet.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Very nice helmet... looks kick butt!!

also, very nice meeting you.. looking forward to doing some riding soon. Be safe, and enjoy. :beerchug:

cool combination , thanks for sharing , Shark is a good helmet , many SBK racers using Shark , like Troy Corser ...

I started wearing a Shark RSI this year. I love it. Black with a black screen. Looks awesome and isn't as heavy as most helmets. Great quality as well.

Enjoy your new lid!

thanks for the comments, appreciate it.......I chopped the rear fender with my Dremel this afternoon.....what can I say it's raining forever here!!!! My face got burned with molten fender plastic on my nose, it was wonderful.....

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402 blank.jpg

That helmet goes well with the bike and nice job on that rear fender mod!

I'm so jealous of your new RS-3's. I've been hunting for deals on eBay lately. I'll never buy a set new, I'll have to find a smokin' deal on a used set before I even ask for permission to buy them......

Looking good!:beerchug: Tropical storm Fay :madfire: sucks. Rear turn signals :hmmm: Which way you going Integrated or under tail Mod? I know you thought about it when you had that wheel in your hand.:laugh:

I can hear my bike now with the RS3's and its totally more fun to ride...... You can find a good deal from another org member or another org all together you just have to look a lot and jump on a deal when you can. I got mine, and installed for $250.00

Now that the tail is easy to remove and i feel I can cut anything with the dremel (or burn any part of my body with it) I do want the TOP GUN undertail, I recently got laid off after 5 years so money is real tight and the TOP GUN will have to wait. I'm totally up for the install though when I get the money. I just temporarily hacked up the stock fender.

News flash I just took off the reflectors today and plan to have a clean pick of that when it stops raining!!!!!! if it stops!!!

I did get out for 10 minutes between rain today and a guy in a honda civic tried me, it was really funny how I cooked his ass, then he saw that I was on a Busa, he gave me the thumbs up when he finally caught up at a redlight.......

Adrenaline is cool.....

That helmet goes really well with your bike. Almost like it was made for it. :thumbsup: Very nice job on the rear fender also.

Back