Gold Front Forks does'nt work for me...

busabass

Registered
Been thinking of how I could coordinate my front fork colors without tearing down the front end, powder coating or some other means of getting the perfect color.
Decided that it had to be something reversible and able to sustain the weather. I found some fabric (leather/Pleather) that was water proof and fairs pretty well under the weather and heat.

My accent color was red but they do offer several other colors that may fit any color scheme. Material is some what pricey but I guess it's a trade off rather than taking apart the forks and the process of powder coating.

Measured the radius of the forks at the top and bottom (Top near triple clamp)(bottom is under front cowling)
Cut material a few inches wider than the radius I needed to cover.
Sew or attach Velcro in several sections to hold it in place, can also sew or attach Velcro along the whole side of the material and attach it together.
Velcro only goes on material and not the forks, rotate the seam of the material to the rear so the it's out of view when complete.

Repeat for the remaining 3 locations you wish to cover.

Quick simple and gives a great color match for your forks.

Got the idea from the "Shock Socks" used on dirt bikes. could not find any that would fit and a good color scheme.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Frankly, I don't see that as a plus. But that's my opinion. There is a lot going on in the fork area and anything you put there better be super durable. If a new color really means that much to you then you should paint the forks. I don't like to poop on anyone's ideas because believe me I get some really crazy ones myself, but I'm just not feeling this one. I could see fabricating some sort of skirt to cover the slider tube in a color though.

Frankly, I don't see that as a plus. But that's my opinion. There is a lot going on in the fork area and anything you put there better be super durable. If a new color really means that much to you then you should paint the forks. I don't like to poop on anyone's ideas because believe me I get some really crazy ones myself, but I'm just not feeling this one. I could see fabricating some sort of skirt to cover the slider tube in a color though.

No worries; no poop taken :laugh:
I agree with you there is a lot going on in the fork area and the material needed to be something that would not cause damage if it did loosen or fell away as well.
Just an idea for those who have issues with the standard fork colors and need a solution "Until they can color them"

Back