front fork´s work

Berlin Germany

Registered
the fork only works involuntarily to stubborn / it seems to stuck a bit when it compresses / it does not seem to be sensitive enough

this behavior can have two main reasons
1. fork is twisted
2. fork oil is ancient and the teflon layer of the sliding rings is partially damaged / rubbed off

solutions :
1. correct the fork - align it straight (see/follow kiwi's description - here in post no. 7)
2. if the fork oil is older than 5-7 years replace it and check thereby if
2a. the teflon layers in the sliding rings are still 100% ok
2b. you can see a kind of "eye" on the chrome (a matte area) of the lower fork tubes - thatfor the fork should be fully extended (or put into pieces)

I have never checked item 2b myself, but I am firmly convinced that in this case at least the respective lower sliding ring has been damaged - I would say - its teflon layer is at least partially rubbed off.
this sliding ring should then absolutely be replaced

"one sentence" to the age of the fork oil
if it is longer than the above 5-7 years in the fork, it stinks to the sky (you think you should puke at the smell) and only has the quality of very dirty water.
and even if you store the fork oil in the sealed container in the cool shade, even after 5 years it can only be used for a maximum of 2 years.
then it is also old and only has the quality of water!

for its special fork, e.g. at the apilia rsv mille, "oehlins" (www.oehlins.eu) requires the oil to be changed every 5000 km.
otherwise, any guarantee expires - according to my authorized dealer here in berlin .
any more questions?

Back