Going to our first craft show this weekend

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We have decided to get out there with the laser work and see if we can sell some things in our local community. There is a craft show this sat from 7am to 6pm and we have a booth rented already. I have been making up things for the past 3 days so that we would have enough product on hand to sell. Cross your fingers, lets hope this works....

Any suggestions or comments from your experiences in things like this?

cap

Good luck Cap. You should do well. Is this like a flea market craft sale, or dedicated fair?

Is this like a flea market craft sale, or dedicated fair?

Just a craft show and sale nothing else there but people trying to sell products. The place hosting it says that we will be the only ones there with wood products like we are taking....

Variety and versatility of your design products is what will attract the customers. My wife does this sort of thing with hand made jewelry and has found that variety is key to both drawing in a potential customer and making a profit.

Hey cash buyers!!!! Good luck Doug, those are some neat pieces you turn out.

Thanks, for every piece we put up here we have 10 other things we make... I have all sorts of Christmas and holiday things. We also have done a lot of customizing with peoples kids and things

It would be a good time to put Christmas stuff out...lots of people will start looking now for unique Christmas items. Good luck Doug!

My wife makes most her sales after the show. People see what she makes (baby stuff) and they ask for custom patterns and prints and she gives them her web site at etsy and they place the custom order. Etsy is a great site for the stuff your doing. Just make up some cards and hand them out to anyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds like a great opportunity, hope you knock it out of the park! :beerchug:

Good luck, i hope it goes well!

Who knows you might do very well, as well as get some custom orders!

Thanks, for every piece we put up here we have 10 other things we make... I have all sorts of Christmas and holiday things. We also have done a lot of customizing with peoples kids and things

Will you customize one of my kids? He could really use some work...

:moon:

Good luck Cap. I'm sure you'll do great!

We sold a few things, prolly more than the rest.. We have several orders that we will be filling for custom work over the next few weeks... I will put up some pics of a few new things we made just for the show. What really helped me personally is that every single person that came by wanted to touch the things we made, they were all very complimentary of what we made and several of the people that bought things stood there for a long time because they said they couldn't figure out what they wanted most... We had what we thought were some unique ideas and apparently they were... I strive to make sure that people get more than they asked for and have always wanted to have that first hand experience... When you have people ask you if the price tag is right because they think its too good to be true then that helps my confidence...

All in all it was a good experience, Kristie and I had a good time laughing and spending time together....

Pics later...

that's cool cap, i'm glad this laser thing is working out. it's great that you get to spend some time with your wife as well.

Sounds like the future turn out maybe good from this!

Back