Go figure

labrocha

Registered
Just want to start by saying they I read a ton of threads on the Org, old and new in the past two weeks about the clutch problems that the Busa has had on a bunch of our bikes and there was no definitive answers on the solution. I started on hard shifts to first gear and a difficulty shifting and downshifting, rebuilt the clutch master, slave cylinder, changed over to Dot 3 brake fluid and power bled the system to the point that I knew there was no air, same problem... I started thinking that I had changed the Oil a while back at the same time as the stock clutch kit, and the dealer I purchased my Suzuki stock filter from did not have Mobil 1 Racing 4T oil I had used in the last 30K miles and purchased Repsols 4T Racing oil and the bike ran fine for a little while. I asked myself if this could the be the culprit, so five days ago, I ripped the bike apart and found pretty much zero oil in the clutch area and the clutches were stuck together with a few hot spots on the drive plates. I cleaned everything deeply, soaked entire clutch pack in oil for an hour, put it back together, back to my original oil and filter, unreal, took the bike around for a test the next day, running as good as ever! :banghead: I can't understand how sensitive this bike was to the oil choice.

So I'm writing this in case someone encounters the same issue, and doesn't believe it could be the oil, and goes through all the unnecessary steps and expense as I

Ride safe

Back