Hard shift into first gear now

But whatever you do, make darn sure you don't properly insure that there's no air in the system. That could only save you a few bucks.

Just ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit and a new slave cylinder, and both will be done Saturday. Hope this will bring closure to this.

Update:

Went back to mechanic, and changed the slave cylinder, and rebuilt the master cylinder. Result, no change.

Backtracked our steps. Concluded that the OEM cush drives were very worn out, and when new chain and sprockets were changed, aftermarket (from Tim at Pashnit) cush drives are way harder material, and have no slack right now, thus everything in the drive train is snug, resulting in harder than normal shifts into first gear.

New clutch, slave, and rebuilt master cylinder are things that were original, and with 100K, I don't feel bad replacing them.

Now we'll just ride the bastard. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Update:

Went back to mechanic, and changed the slave cylinder, and rebuilt the master cylinder. Result, no change.

Backtracked our steps. Concluded that the OEM cush drives were very worn out, and when new chain and sprockets were changed, aftermarket (from Tim at Pashnit) cush drives are way harder material, and have no slack right now, thus everything in the drive train is snug, resulting in harder than normal shifts into first gear.

New clutch, slave, and rebuilt master cylinder are things that were original, and with 100K, I don't feel bad replacing them.

Now we'll just ride the bastard. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks for the update.
I never liked the harder cush drives defeats the whole purpose of there job. The whole purpose of the cush's are to take the shock effect of the transmission and driveline, On a dragbike coming off a pro tree yeah i want no delays if direct drive isnt possible I am going with the hard cush's.
Your symptoms sounded exactly like weak master cylinder. 100K miles as you said it wasnt a waste. Glad it wasnt nothing major.

It really sounds like the is air in the system,, did you try just bleeding the master cylinder, by cracking the banjo bolt, just like as you would bleed the slave cylinder.

Back