New Owner, Having Oil Pressure Problems! Please Help!

CR08BUSA

Registered
I just bought a 2008 Hayabusa with 11,000 miles on her and within 200 miles the clutch completely went out on me and the oil light came on. I checkled the oil level and it was fine but I went ahead and changed it anyways. I replaced the clutch with an OEM clutch kit today and now it will ride and shift through all the gears but, the oil light still comes on about 10 sec. after start up and starts flashing in about 5 sec. intervals. When I rose it around the block it stays on. When the clutch went out it completely "shelled" and left a ton of metal shaving that I cleaned out as best I could but, I didn't drop the oil pan. So, I'm not sure if the oil pick up tube is clogged with shavings or the oil pressure sending unit is out or the oil pump went out when the clutches went??? My question is I suppose is there a way to check the oil pressure without having to install an oil pressure gauge? Also, when the bike is running and you lean it up to look through a them oil sight glass and rev the engine the oil does go upwards for the most part if that makes any sense? Sorry for the long post but, I'm a little frustrated about this situation and don't have much money at the moment, been laid off for 5 months, oil field work hasn't been good lately. So, any advise or pointers would be greatly appreciated even if I have to put the bike up in storage until I can get back to work and get her fixed. Thanks again in advance!

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 8.31.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 8.32.06 PM.png

[QUOTE="CR08BUSA, is there a way to check the oil pressure without having to install an oil pressure gauge?[/QUOTE]

I really do not think so. If I had your symptoms after a clutch explosion, I would do whatever is necessary to flush/clean all parts of the lubrication system. To do it well I think a disassembly would be needed.
This is not to say your issue can only be fixed my means of disassembly.
I'm not certain I would feel comfortable driving anything with the chance that there are fragments of something in the lubrication system.

With regards the attachments, they are there for reference. It's a page out of the manual.
Had to take two screenshots, sorry for the weird looking alignment.

Last edited:
The good news is dropping the oil pan and pulling the oil pump will only cost you some gaskets and time. Then at least you will have a better idea of what you have.

You need to drop the pan and change out the oil pick up because the screen inside is probably plugged with debris.
I'd also pull the clutch basket and make sure all is good with the pump.
My $.02 worth

Back