GM Mechanics out there......

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I have an 09 Silverado that the elec folding mirror quit folding. Took it to the dealer and they want $400 to replace it.

Blinker and adjuster still works.....just not folding.

Can the actuator be replaced to fix the folding and is the folding and the adjusting all done by the same actuator?

I would prefer not to replace a 2 yo mirror.

Thanks for the help

As usual....now I cant duplicate the problem. I read on a few forums about the mirrors and one guy told some one to move it around and maybe it got off track.

Any way, I moved it around a few times when it first stopped working, but to no avail.

Well, now I go out to try to move it again, but first I try it.....and the sucker works.

I guess I just saved $400. How can a dealership tell me the acutuator is bad and want to replace my mirror when it obvuisly is not bad. They checked it out not just seen it not working.

Who knows.....maybe it will work forever now?

Thanks for the support:laugh:

Separate actuator folds and there are two that adjust. If it continues (and before you but an actuator new) check with a few body shops. I know they end up with extra parts, especially after hail storm replacements.

Mine has the 5/100 power train warranty.....but only 36/36 bump to bump.

I have had extended warranties in the past, but I fly through the miles so fast it's not worth it to me. At my rate...I will be out of the 100k warranty in about 5 more months.

You have to find a trusted mechanic. No body rebuilds anything anymore they just replace parts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back