Gixxer1300R

OB_bruce

Registered
Sorry to be a pain you have helped me a lot so far but need a bit more help on reworking my air box to flow more air.
Have located a supplier for air filter foam comes in all densitys from 10ppi to 75ppi so I guess go for something in the middle.
did you put one sheet across the bottom of the box or just where the two inlets come in ?.
Also could one use velcro to stick the foam to the box making it nice and easy to remove for cleaning or replacing?.

Hi gixxer thanks again for all the info. really helpfull.
regarding your comment about air pressure in air box this is apparently very low in the order of 0.5 psi at 150mph so I dont think its pressure you mean.
Also the filter being a high flow type should present minimal resistance to the air coming in therefore little if any tearing force should be generated.
Put it this way I would not like to have a parachute made from air filter material as you would hit the ground at close to terminal velocity.

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 12 August 2000).]

I agree Bruce,I talked to a friend of mine today who stated he used Velcro to install his filter with no problem.You might want to give it a try.

Yes Gixxer1300r I fitted them the other day but due to the heavens opening up and the roads turning into rivers,see typical british summer, have been unable to get any useful feedback but must admit that she feels smoother and stronger low down.
Still not 100% convinced about carving up the Air box as mm1 has done a simular mod to the one you did and he makes less power than mine with my EBC filter I make 167.2 all short stacks he makes 164 on the same dyno.

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 13 August 2000).]

Did you guys dyno on at the same place?Remember all Busas have different horsepower and different Dynos give different readings.Before you modify your Airbox ask MM1 to meet you at the dyno shop and switch Airboxes.It only takes about 10 minutes to remove.That will give you a better idea on the horsepower gain or loss.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 13 August 2000).]

In this case both bikes were Dynoed by Gasabusa on a Dynojet 250 so they should be as close as you can get it does of course vary a little due to heat and humidity.
Probably more so in this country as the weather changes so dam quick one day nice and sunny and hot the next cold dark and wet boy do you guys get it good nice weather cheap fuel and good roads cheaper bikes.
Anyway the weather at the moment is sort off dryish so will go and test out how these long stacks feel with BMC filter so far pretty dam good.
Forgot to ask you what sort of power is your Busa laying down and what pipe and other mods are you running.

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 14 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by bruce (edited 16 August 2000).]

Back