Air box question

Francesco

Registered
I tried doing a search here on "air box" and couldn't get anything. This isn't the first time I couldn't pull up anything relevant through a search. Don't know what the problem is. Anyway.....I know much has been said on the air box modification however, when I was having my first service done I asked the mechanic whether he had seen many bikes come through that had the air box mod done. He told me that some who had done the modification didn't like the results and purchased new air boxes. Is there anything to this? Exactly what is the flap doing that we are cutting out? Are there any unwanted side affects to this mod? If so, are the performance gains worth it? I have my air box out, plugging PAIR inlets while awaiting my new exhaust, and can easily see what to do to modify the air box but am just wondering whether or not I may regret the modification. Anyone have a thought on this?

i have done the mod. i have also purchased a new box. if the air-box mod is worth something i cant find it. you will definitely lose mid and low end power. and the power on top i cant find. it may make more poer on a dyno but on the street it slowed me down. my two cents.

I just got my service manual from motocom.com. It is obvious that this is one well thought out bike (pretty much). That flap serves an important purpose - I say leave it alone. All opinions are valid, but I've read a lot of posts that go like this: Buy Hayabusa, modify it, spank it hard, complain about performance problems. I know this sounds like a wuss, but I wanna keep this bike for a few years looking good! :]

motorhead,
i would like to leave the moded air-box in. i have tried defferent programs but no luck. the bike pulled harder before.
how can i make it work? prove us wrong.
dyno #s dont mean squat!

Feeling kind of stupid. The reason I could not get the search to work for "airbox" was because I typed it in as two separate words. Just typed it in as one word and got all the prior info. Thanks for the above info but I think I can pick this apart now from previoius threads.

Back