Getting too old for this garbage.....

Rev. 6:5

Registered
When I was a rookie cop, I used to really get a high out of street fights with suspects who simply didn't want to go to jail. Call it ignorant, youthful exuberance. I'm 38-years-old now, almost 39, and it's not quite as fun as it once was. I got into a pretty bad scrap Saturday night, definitely the worst in years, and am still so sore 3 days later that I moan when I have to move. :( How do cops in their 50's and 60's do this job?? I just hope the other guy feels as bad as I do!

Oh, and for the record, the dude was an Army Ranger Iraq war vet. He was 3 years younger, but hopefully he still feels a little Rev. 6:5 leftovers. ;)

This is how I survive:

1) Glucosamine and Chondroitin daily

2) Motrin after a tough workout

i had a feeling i would be in the same boat and after serving our country as an MP, i took a different path other than law enforcement. now at 40 i wish i hadnt! i could only wish for action at work!

I used to take Glucosamine right after a work-out because I knew I would hurt. I didn't know I was going to hurt after this, so I did nothing to avoid the pain. Tylenol helps a little, but not enough.

slash, it's fun when it's going on, but man, the after effects really do bite.

yea, im now th pre owned manager at an infiniti dealer, the most action i see is when the receptionost breaks a nail! eeehhh, the pays good...lol

I used to take Glucosamine right after a work-out because I knew I would hurt. I didn't know I was going to hurt after this, so I did nothing to avoid the pain. Tylenol helps a little, but not enough.

From what I understand you have to take it daily. Vitamin M, I only take that every now and then.

Stay in the gym...did 16 years myself, (9) of which were working and training police service dogs and instructing high risk seminars..fitness is key. Glad you made it home...some nights not everyone does, when that happens the paperwork is endless, been there (Medal of Valor). :bowdown:

Last edited:
I'll be 70 in 8 months, still workout: light weights, stationary bike my fave. all vitamins,
vit D might be most important. Knocked an a****le out with left hook once, but that was back in '71. Punches haven't noticably diminished, however. But I can run faster
scared than any Hells Angel can p***ed off.

get in shape im 39 and feel great other then my migraine's...also try using your asp and flashlight in those situations they usually sucome alot faster, and u have pepper spray or mace as well dont you? gun? good luck i hope you feel better

When I was a rookie cop, I used to really get a high out of street fights with suspects who simply didn't want to go to jail. Call it ignorant, youthful exuberance. I'm 38-years-old now, almost 39, and it's not quite as fun as it once was. I got into a pretty bad scrap Saturday night, definitely the worst in years, and am still so sore 3 days later that I moan when I have to move. :( How do cops in their 50's and 60's do this job?? I just hope the other guy feels as bad as I do!

A bullet to the head an throw down weapon no numbers :dunno:

Just kidding :laugh: Sorry for your pain,, no Tazer??? or was it a last minute act of desperation on the perp???

I'm 51 and believe me, turning these wrenches every day is tellin on me. All my joints hurt. Rev, better get of the streets before you get my age. Take a vicodin, It'll stop all the aches and pains.:laugh:

357 Sig will penetrate car bods and still have enough energy to eradicate mofos.

Back