Getting closer to the 9's

BiggDaddyBusa08

Registered
Went to Atco today And on my 2nd run I ran a 10.09 @ 138.37 mph. Thats a new personal record for me. I think I fianally figured out how to launch the bike. I was leaving at 7000 rpms and I now that the bike is 8" over It does'nt
pop the front wheel up. So I decided to launch at 8000 and man this thing just took off. The 60' times got lower ( 1.61/ 1.64) I also started using the ecu as my killbox instead of using a separate box. Its working really great and compared to the killbox I was using, it seems like the ecu works alot better, smoother shifts. Thanks to Smithabusa , Matt at cycle Teck( he makes the wiring harnes ) and to Petrik for the ecu editor software. If I can run this bike in good air it will run in the 9's.

Congrats! Other than 8 over how does the bike sit? Stock gear, pipe etc? A lot of people CANNOT touch 9s with out some work in a lot of areas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thnx. Its lowered 1 inch both front and rear( i do need to get stiffer springs). Also I use the front strap. Gearing is 16/47, motot is stock(really) just a TiForce full exhaust.
last year it was only stretched 4 over,but i got the 6" over tail and with that i was able to extend it to 8" over and this really made huge difference. This allowed me to launch at 8000 rpms and get more aggressive with the clutch on the lauch.

Well like my name says, I am BIGG. The bike it self is 530 pounds, but me in full race gear
im 380 pounds. add it up and its 910 popunds for me and the bike.

Way to go! :thumbsup: Glad to see you got the bike all sorted and are back at the track laying down some times. :beerchug:

Thnx Ken. The dealer had it for 9 weeks,but everthing was covered under the extended warranty. The 1 downside was that I was running for points @ Atco this year and I missed the first four races. With all the chages I made over the winter its finally showing positive results.:thumbsup:

For your size, you are doing VERY WELL! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the times, you'll go 9's just keep at it... :beerchug:

Thnx. Its lowered 1 inch both front and rear( i do need to get stiffer springs). Also I use the front strap. Gearing is 16/47, motot is stock(really) just a TiForce full exhaust.
last year it was only stretched 4 over,but i got the 6" over tail and with that i was able to extend it to 8" over and this really made huge difference. This allowed me to launch at 8000 rpms and get more aggressive with the clutch on the lauch.

with the 16/47, what gear and at what rpm are you going thru the traps?

I am in the lower 9s now and I always get my best passes when I use the technique that Brock suggest. Even being extended I don't raise the RPMs more than 3K. I have a stock motor, Gen1, cutting 1.4 60s consistently now. I am sure the Shinko Drag Radial is helping, lol.
I stage below 3K and pin the throttle while quickly feeding clutch. The first few times I slipped it way to long for fear of looping. Here is a

- Me at da Dolla.3gp[/url]

link again of how low I come out and pin the throttle. This was last year when I was still getting it down and first time out with Brock Exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna chage title of this thread to So close to the 9's. Went to E'Town today.
1st run 10.068@140.27 mph at the time qwuikest and fastest pass.
2nd 10.029@ 137.69 gettin closer
3rd 10.002@ 138.03 almost there :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
4th 10.032 @ 139.36 1st Round of elim. dialed a 10.02 winner
5th 10.026@ 140.27 2nd round lost was waaay late on the tree
6th 10.019@136.25 just a time run

What do you weigh?

I honestly dont think you need anymore mods... just some left hand exercises.

I got 180hp down to a 9.2 on a 62" wheelbase, but i also weight 160lbs.

Not sure if i saw it or not, but have you eliminated the back torque limiter? If you're doing 1.6 60's with the limiter still on you're going to be hell off the line with the clutch mod!

Sounds like you're doing a great job and having a lot of fun! keep it up

Stevo, as the name says , I am a BIGG guy. In full gear I am 380 pounds. Yes I do have the clutch mod. The guys I race with keep telling it needs more gearing (16/47) and I will do that later this year. Right now I got it running consistant times and thats what I need right now. The biggest mod I did over the winter was stretching it to 8" over and that has really made a huge difference in alowing me to launch it harder.

B.D.B SAID ...If I can run this bike in good air it will run in the 9's.

THATS PART MY PROBLEM CURRENTLY DOWN A TENTH ON ET+mph off 3

Been in mid 90,s last couple weeks.And humid to we race late afternoon into evening even after dark air lot moisture in it.So its not really getting better after sun goes down 2 humid.

Last edited:
UPDATE new title for this thread I FINALLY GOT INTO THE 9"s:cheerleader:
1st run this morning 1.616, 4.249, 6,428, 111.94 mph 8.338, 9.975@ 137.82
my last run today 1.612, 4.238, 6.413, 112.16 mph 8.316, 9.946@138.48

The last 2 days here in Jersey it has been hot temps in the 90's but the humidity has been in the 30% range. so thats not too bad. I think the corrected altitude was around 1500 ft thats still " good air" .

Back