New PB tonight!!

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody,

Tonight I broke into the 9's with my 2010! It is a stock wheel base, stock motor, stock gearing, and stock exhaust, but lowered front and back. I'm running a launch control through the ECU and my CO2 shifter through the ECU.

I ended up with a best time of 9.850 @ 144.32 mph. My 60' was 1.706s so I need to work on that a bit, but seat time will help. This is the first night of runs for me for the year and my third time at the track on this bike.

Looking forward to getting some more seat time and some of my other go fast goodies on to really see what I can do.

The launch control is actually quite easy. Just click on drag tools in the ECU editor, then click for rpm limiter with clutch engaged to be active. Then you just select the rpm desired. Flash the ECU, then fire up the bike, pull the clutch in and rev up the bike. Does exactly the same as a launch master. However, adjustments at the track aren't so quick as you have to re flash every time you want a change. There is also a 2 step control, but haven't played with it at all.

The ECU editor and the flashing hardware is worth every penny if you ask me. Hopefully that answers your question.

Do you mind posting what you used for your settings in drag tools? I've been meaning to set it up but really don't know where to start with the settings for the rpm rates.

You bet. Here's what I have under the drag tools menu:

The Code is Active
Activation for Slew rate control is set at 5000
Gear 1 at 2000 RPM/sec with 10 deg ign retard
Gear 2 at 1800 RPM/sec with 5 deg ign retard
Gear 3-6 at 1600 RPM/sec with 5 deg ign retard

2 Step RPM Limiter is set at 4400 RPM.

The 2 step is the launch control. Where I have it set is pretty close to where I'd launch it when I was clutching it. One thing that was explained to me yesterday at the track was to not just "set" the RPM (raise the rpms up with the throttle until the limiter is engaged), but to go full throttle and clutch it out on your launch.

I know that kind of sounds intimidating, and it took me a few launches to keep moving my throttle more open until I was at 100% throttle on my launch. With that being said, I didn't wheelie at all or spin, so there is a hell of alot more in this machine currently, and with more seat time and testing I'm hoping to find the limit prior to adding more "power" to it.

That's it for Drag tools that I have set up.

My gear limiters are removed, and my rev limiter is set at 11,400RPM

Currently I am shifting at 11,250RPM with my cycletek CO2 shifter, which is controlled with the ECU as well.

You bet. Here's what I have under the drag tools menu:

The Code is Active
Activation for Slew rate control is set at 5000
Gear 1 at 2000 RPM/sec with 10 deg ign retard
Gear 2 at 1800 RPM/sec with 5 deg ign retard
Gear 3-6 at 1600 RPM/sec with 5 deg ign retard

2 Step RPM Limiter is set at 4400 RPM.

The 2 step is the launch control. Where I have it set is pretty close to where I'd launch it when I was clutching it. One thing that was explained to me yesterday at the track was to not just "set" the RPM (raise the rpms up with the throttle until the limiter is engaged), but to go full throttle and clutch it out on your launch.

I know that kind of sounds intimidating, and it took me a few launches to keep moving my throttle more open until I was at 100% throttle on my launch. With that being said, I didn't wheelie at all or spin, so there is a hell of alot more in this machine currently, and with more seat time and testing I'm hoping to find the limit prior to adding more "power" to it.

That's it for Drag tools that I have set up.

My gear limiters are removed, and my rev limiter is set at 11,400RPM

Currently I am shifting at 11,250RPM with my cycletek CO2 shifter, which is controlled with the ECU as well.

What version of ECU Editor are you using? I'm using 2.5.5.83 and haven't updated for awhile. My version does not have an autoshift setup but maybe they added that? I could configure it to work off the nitrous control but I'm using it for nitrous.

I would think you could turn off drag tools in gears 3-6, maybe even in 2nd gear.

Coldbusa: sorry for late responding but thanks for posting! I'll have to start with this and then bring the laptop to the track and play around.

That's awesome man! I'm still waiting to go to the track with my busa for the first time. LoL.. if i were to start out in the 10's i'd be happy. I'm really not that great on launching.

So getting ready for track on Friday myself. I was setting up the drag tool and noticed my numbers were already listed there as the ones you have lol.

hi fellows just got from the track i am using the 2 step as well, 4 the second time tonight i got 3 1.5s with a best of 1.541
330 3.968 330 works fine. by the way great going cold busa , congrats .

I never made it to track. :( but did have the drag tunes installed. I can see myself getting in trouble with a 2-step on for street riding. Cruise a lil in 1st then clutch in rev it up dump clutch and rolling burnouts forever. I was giggling like a lil kid.

Either my tire sucks or the 1800/sec 10 degree retard is not doing enough for my bike.

when I was at the track running previously I was running 28lbs of pressure in the back tire. I have since then went to another event and my first run out was a 9.81s as a warmup run!! I did drop the tire pressure to 20lbs. However, I got in trouble as I don't have a race license as of yet, however that will come this weekend. With the current setup there is a whole lot more in it without even adding any power. Get a new hookup tire in the back, increase the launch RPM's and watch out!

In addition to teh launch controls, the STP (secondary throttle plate) maps are also adjustable. This could be tuned to help keep a short wheelbase application under control during launch. If fine tuned enough, it should allow full throttle launches on pretty much any bike. That said, setup wodul take quite a bit of seat time to get it that refined, but a comparison to a TPS and RPM log from a "good" pass could help with initial programming.

Back