Getting a new (used) busa

Nick Kickass

Registered
I'm going to be picking up a used busa with 8000 miles on it very soon. While I can still back out, what sort of problems should I look out for? In the technical forum I was seeing alot of people complaining about blowing 2nd gear. I never knew busas had particularly weak trannys. This concerns me. Is a new busa pretty much the only way to go?

What else is commonly dicked with these bikes? I really don't want to pay $7000 for a piece of junk.

<!--EDIT|Nick Kickass
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116932345 -->

i did some research on here for a while and just bought a 01 busa 2 weeks ago. the only things that i heard were problems were the timeing chain on the 01 and the subframe on the 99-00. then the starter on 99-02. nothing about blown trannys unlsee racing was involved.

Take heart O' ye of little faith as I had the same concerns when buying my '03 w/ a scant 1600 miles on the odo a few months back and...

it appears that most cases of discovering false neutrals is either and/or...the result of a tranny that's not yet fully broken in combined with the operator error of "Lazy/Light Toeing" the shifter and...the more catastrophic events/failures (such as blown tranny gears or popping out of gear) seem symptomatic and centered around those who have opted to grossly increase engine HP and installing stronger clutch assy's but fail to address beefing up the tranny as well.

At least that's what I've ascertained over the past few months and no problems with my stock '03 at all....even after some slight to moderate abuse...See?...

Busburn2.jpg

Hope that helps and L8R Bill.
cool.gif

Back