Get the buzz out.

badassbusaboy

Registered
I rubber mounted the clipon bars sunday. Sometimes on long rides my hands go numb wearing thin summer gloves. So I stopped at autozone and picked up a pack of new shock absorber bushings. I will see how they do when it stops raining here in Pa.

x-mas 2009 761.jpg

x-mas 2009 763.jpg

My wife threw out the little plastic see through box they came in. They are sold both at autozone and advace auto in the help section, there are three shock absorbers in each container, two smaller absorbers and one large one. You have to buy two packs to get the four small black shock absorbers. They cost $4.99 and the part number is 31017. Didn't go for long ride yet but friend has same bike and you can feel less vibration with them on. I will see on a long ride.

Well went for long ride and not much better, both hands started going numb. So if anyone is looking for a spotless 2008 orange, black busa check the classified.

Well I put the 1 and 1/8 inch risers back in and solid mouted them with a couple steel washers for more weight near the bar ends. Went for another ride and it was a lot smoother with a lot less vibration. It would be better yet with the top gun heavy weight bar ends. So I would not try the rubber mounted way. I should have listened to golden child about the heavy bar end weights.

x-mas 2009 752.jpg

Thanks for the trial an error. Appreciate the write up!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

You are selling your bike because the bars vibrate? Try a few things first, heavy bar ends, heli-bars and the most effective method to reduce bar vibration and free, loosen up on your death grip. I have virtually zero vibration when cruising at 70 MPH, so I know it is possible. I ride 120 miles a day back and forth to work and it is a breeze with the cruise control, risers and heavy bar ends.

Edit: It looks as if you are using a Soupy style riser, try the Genmar style as that should give you much more stability toward the end of the clamp instead of it just hanging in the air.

Back