Just joined the Busa family and am a bit disappointed...

MrMoo

Registered
Howdy!

I just picked up a new 09 gray Hayabusa from Village Motorsports in VA today. I put just over 100 miles on it bringing it home and was a bit disappointed by the feel of the bike. I was miserable and really couldn't wait to be off of it after such a short trip. Seems I have a REAL bad case of engine vibration that I see others have on here starting around 4000rpm. Moved up from a 96 GSXR 750 that I hated for long rides due to seat position and buzzing that I attributed to the factory cam tensioner that I never replaced. Everyone seemed to say that the Busa would be in a world of comfort better then my previous bike. So far I've kept it below 5000rpm per break in but the couple of times I approached 5000rpm on the highway the vibration stopped being a buzz and felt much worse like the engine was out of balance or something. It comes through the handlebars, the pegs, the tank. Really kinda killed my enjoyment of the bike. I hope this isn't just a "normal" thing as the power isn't worth it if I can't stand to be on the damn thing.

I have a call into the shop to see what they say. I plan to look into some comfort mods like raising the bars, foam grips, and perhaps a gel seat but wow what a crappy way to have my introduction.

:banghead:

Aaron
Richmond, VA
'09 Gray Busa

Last edited:
Wow that does suck, I myself have a Gen 1 and have really felt no Vibration at any speed or RPM, Others will chime in soon, But I hope you get this problem resolved, I was shocked to see the name of this thread.

Not anything normal with regard to that vibration. Definitely take it in to have it looked at.

Welcome to the .oRg! The gen 2's are much smoother than the first generations. It's surprising that you would encounter this. hopefully things work out for you

:welcome: Glad to have you on the org. My gen 1 is smooth as glass. Must be something going on. Give the busa some time. The few mods you mentioned, bar risers, gel seat, lower pegs, etc, sure made mine comfortable for all day rides, and I'm 60 with bad knees.:thumbsup:

:welcome:

Welcome and sorry to hear you are having issues and are disappointed. Work with your dealer and hopefully they can get your bike right, something does sound wrong...

I would say my 08 has a soft vibe at idle. I can see the windscreen shake but once I take off I feel no engine vibe and the windscreen and mirrors are vibeless. 5K rpm is gentle--my motor seems to behave as though that is a very comfortable speed to run at. The busa is so deceptively smooth, it doesn't really start to feel wild until 8.5 K rpm. I haven't spent the majority of my time riding at that rpm but I'm sure there is a shiver running through the bike at that speed and higher.

:welcome:

Blancas as smooth as anything .
Maybe it threw one of the tire weights or something simple but yes I agree it should be smooooooooth ?

I would have to say that something isn't right, my 08 is smooth, but I really don't remember how it felt during the break in period. I would surly have it looked at, something doesn't "feel" right...welcome to the .org and hope everything works out.

i agree that something is "off" with your ride...the stock Busa is one of the smoothest bikes i have ever ridden, definitely get it checked out!

Howdy!

I just picked up a new 09 gray Hayabusa from Village Motorsports in VA today. I put just over 100 miles on it bringing it home and was a bit disappointed by the feel of the bike. I was miserable and really couldn't wait to be off of it after such a short trip. Seems I have a REAL bad case of engine vibration that I see others have on here starting around 4000rpm. Moved up from a 96 GSXR 750 that I hated for long rides due to seat position and buzzing that I attributed to the factory cam tensioner that I never replaced. Everyone seemed to say that the Busa would be in a world of comfort better then my previous bike. So far I've kept it below 5000rpm per break in but the couple of times I approached 5000rpm on the highway the vibration stopped being a buzz and felt much worse like the engine was out of balance or something. It comes through the handlebars, the pegs, the tank. Really kinda killed my enjoyment of the bike. I hope this isn't just a "normal" thing as the power isn't worth it if I can't stand to be on the damn thing.

I have a call into the shop to see what they say. I plan to look into some comfort mods like raising the bars, foam grips, and perhaps a gel seat but wow what a crappy way to have my introduction.

Aaron
Richmond, VA
'09 Gray Busa

Your body panels are not fit correctly, possibly an error in production, send them to me, quickly.........and your wheels too.

If it doesnt work out and you want to get rid of the bike let me know ... :cool:

Oh and welcome to the ORG :laugh:

I have had 2 08's and 1 09 with no issues of too much vibe... something is wrong. Hope you figure it out...maybe a member can visit you for a second opinion. Welcome to the org...:beerchug:

Gen 1 here and it is very comfortable. Made a trip to San Diego from Las Vegas and back and no complaint. Plus we were riding two up. Previous bike was a CBR 954RR and a GSXR. I miss riding a sport bike but once I hit 70 to 100 miles on the odometer then I sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Howdy!

Aaron
Richmond, VA
'09 Gray Busa

Relax Aaron, because a brand new motor will take some 5000-7000km to "settle" and you WILL feel a big mellowing out into smoothness from the motor. I was concerned similarly, but after some 5000km now, I can honestly say the whole thing is very smooth and this will still improve too as the distance gets towards the 10,000 km mark. Be sure to really give the engine a rev-out and not "baby" it for too long. I have also installed a foam grip as well as Heli Bars. These bars bring the position just 1 5/8" closer, a and higher and that's all you'll ever need. I can honestly say that my initial concerns, just like yours, have disappeared completely and I can't fault it now, except I find myself feeling a little "guilty" sometimes, at owning such a fantastic and utterly mesmerizing machine. I just love it! The standard grip, do tingle a bit so get rid of them. My model year is the same as yours.

Last edited:
Back