GENTLE GIANTS RESCUE

my lazy animal

untitled.JPG

Its a great program, just cannot imagine having big dogs. Been living with miniture schnauzers forever.

Its a great program, just cannot imagine having big dogs.  Been living with miniture schnauzers forever.
It's kind of like letting some horses move in your home, give 'em some space on the sofa, maybe 1/2 your bed (if you're lucky!) We went from a full size bed, to a queen and then to a king all within the first two years of Dane ownership...honestly, they're just little lap dogs...
tounge.gif

Its a great program, just cannot imagine having big dogs.  Been living with miniture schnauzers forever.
and give up your grass in the yard, and any food you may EVER set on the kitchen counter is history.

These dogs are the most clingy dogs I have ever owned. Some days it's cute, some days it's totally annoying. It's like having a huge 3 year old in your house.

But they are "gentle giants" he wouldn't hurt a bug... except when his tail whips GJoker right in the .... uh.... crotch.
wow.gif
So add to that "you will have to wear a cup 24/7"..
biggrin.gif

...any food you may EVER set on the kitchen counter is history.

These dogs are the most clingy dogs I have ever owned. Some days it's cute, some days it's totally annoying. It's like having a huge 3 year old in your house.

But they are "gentle giants" he wouldn't hurt a bug... except when his tail whips GJoker right in the .... uh.... crotch.  
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
Very true...food just lying around is HISTORY!

You describe 'em well kat...a huge 3 year old!
ices_rofl.gif

+1 on the tail being a lethal weapon to all men...it's good for a laugh for the gals though!
tounge.gif

except when his tail whips GJoker right in the .... uh.... crotch.  
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

OMFG!!! Now THAT brings back memories..... the Dane we had when I was ages 6-15 got my step dad right in the YOU KNOW WHAT!!! My mom and I were in hysterics! (We didn't like him, he was a jerk) Of course, "Roxie" didn't MEAN to hit him, she was just saying hello to everyone and his crotch got in the way!!!

Guess I will have to go buy CB a cup before we go out there Saturday morning to get a new pup huh?

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121417682 -->

except when his tail whips GJoker right in the .... uh.... crotch.  
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

OMFG!!! Now THAT brings back memories..... the Dane we had when I was ages 6-15 got my step dad right in the YOU KNOW WHAT!!! My mom and I were in hysterics! (We didn't like him, he was a jerk) Of course, "Roxie" didn't MEAN to hit him, she was just saying hello to everyone and his crotch got in the way!!!

Guess I will have to go buy CB a cup before we go out there Saturday morning to get a new pup huh?

One time GJoker had to lay down for about 10 mins... Justice was VERY happy that day...
biggrin.gif
 (sorry honey)

You are getting one?? didn't you say a while back that you missed having one?... If that was you ...COOL!! we will need pics.

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121418340 -->

biggrin.gif

blush.gif
I don't see what's so freakin hilarious here...  
rock.gif

...except for that pic, Michelle.. That is the best Dane pic I've seen yet!
laugh.gif

That little guy does kinda look like an Italian Greyhound~ Every time I see one in the pet shops, they tend to catch my attention more then the others around~ They're usually the size of our minpin~ If that is indeed one of this breed, just how big do they get?  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121421698 -->

rock.gif

Yes Kat.....I miss mine terribly and am FINALLY getting one saturday morning from the rescue in Norco (Riverside County).

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

That little guy does kinda look like an Italian Greyhound~ Every time I see one in the pet shops, they tend to catch my attention more then the others around~ They're usually the size of our minpin~ If that is indeed one of this breed, just how big do they get?
rock.gif
This is a website with lots of info...
http://www.italiangreyhound.org/
...and this should give you some idea of size...
biggrin.gif

Image373.jpg

Very cool shot!
Img_1193.jpg

.....and now for MORE DANES!!!!

The elusive Danedeer...
dane_deer_sm.jpg

8 Great Danes in one family...count 'em!

They say dogs look like thier owners right??

...anyone who owns a Dane KNOWS this face!
laugh.gif

Another beauty...

Burt and Alpine...

Ricky in his favorite "seat"!
laugh.gif

Melody with Avalanche (43 inches to the shoulder and 295lbs).....yes he really is THAT big!

A link to some great stories of Danes to the rescue of their humans!
http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/gentle_giant_super_heroes_page_1.htm

laugh.gif

I have pics like that too...just not on my PC...

Maggie's favorite pose when she was a pup...
cool.gif

MAGGIE.jpg

Back