Genmar handlebar riser block

RX1Jim

Registered
I heard about a riser block for the handlebars on the Gen II Busa. I read it is available in both 3/4" and 1/25" thicknesses. Has anybody installed teh 1.25" thick riser and if so, how do you like it? I am interested in the 1.25" thick riser to make the Busa a little more comfortable for long sport touring. Thanks!

Jim

I have the one made by soupy, i think its 1 or 1.25 inches forget which, and i love it. Im 6ft 2, have that and the buell pegs completely change the way you sit on the bike.

Careful, there may be cable and/or brake line issues with the thicker one. At least that is what we dealt with on the Gen 1s.

P.

I Have one and love it. 1.25"... Makes the bike ride way more comfortable. You can sit up straight and still reach the bars. It does get a little close to the wind shield as you turn the bars completely....but then again who does that while riding.

I have the 1.25" genmar risers. The stock lines will be just long enough, but one of the master cylinders might hit your windshield at full lock. I had to rotate my master cylinders back slightly to clear the windshield.

As far as comfort goes they will not keep your hands from going numb, you need to hold your self off the handlebars with your lower back. If you go into a full tuck it will feel a little strange having your hands higher then you think they should be.

Back