Gen3 Quickshifter PROBLEM

Busagen

Registered
I have a third-generation Hayabusa.
When shifting with QS, sometimes the engine disengages for longer than it should. It can be as one or two seconds. Does anyone have the same problem? My brother's 3rd gen does the exact same thing.

I am from the Czech Republic. We fall under distribution from Hungary and they don't want to deal with a complaint on one bike. Can you also claim this problem? Let there be more of us. Then Suzuki will have to solve the problem. When the problem shows up in a corner, it's killing.

So have none of our other gen 3 owners experienced this issue? I know the gixxer 1000r had some issues with the quickshifter but not sure what exactly what it was but had something done in the flash that Chris Moore did for my buddy's. Didn't I see something about the gen 3 already having an update the ecu needs? Was it related to the quickshifter?

I have a gen 3, no problems with the QS once I realized my shoe was barely touching the shifter causing the engine to cut out. The QS switch is very sensitive. Hopefully it’s just operator error like mine was.

There's also a note in another thread that the throttle needs to be held in a steady position when using the QS. This advice did seem to help most of the time - I still have some hesitation when using QS - not sure if it's still operator related.

Sounds like it’s lazy shifting, dealer should be able to disconnect it and reconnect.

Is there two settings for the QS in the dash menus?.

They gave you a slowshifter, that sucks man! Sounds like whatever sensor that detects pressure on the shift pedal might not be returning to the static position. Maybe the sensor or part of the shift mechanism is sticking a little.

When shifting with QS, sometimes the engine disengages for longer than it should. It can be as one or two seconds. Does anyone have the same problem? My brother's 3rd gen does the exact same thing.

I am from the Czech Republic. We fall under distribution from Hungary and they don't want to deal with a complaint on one bike. Can you also claim this problem? Let there be more of us. Then Suzuki will have to solve the problem. When the problem shows up in a corner, it's killing.
I’ve noticed this as well. Mentioned it in another thread. So far my dealer can’t replicate it. Doesn’t always happen but 1 to two mostly and sometimes 2 to 3.

@PeregrineKeith I thought I had read something about someone having a similar issue before but wasn't sure. @Busagen there a little help for you, do you have the launch control or anything on when it happens??

Yes there are quite a few of us that experienced this. Supposedly suzuki is looking into it. Mine does it to. Seem to be random. And I can tell you it's even worse if you install a airshifter. It falls flat on its ass the power kick in like a mad house

Yep...same problem here !! I've been talking to the local dealership and initially they said a Suzuki rep from California was to come out and re-flash the ECU....but now they say that's not going to happen...... they don't seem to be too interested in helping out ??
For you all thinking we don't know how to shift.... BS !! I've been riding forever and know how to shift. I traded a 2018 H2 SX SE for the Busa and the H2 had a quick shifter that work everytime, everyday no matter how soft or hard I hit the shift lever.....
For anybody that has the problem ....you need to call Suzuki and let them know......

The gsxr shifts smoother and faster if i quickly touch the shifter with my toe.
If I try to do a positive lever shift/full engagement 'click' like when shifting with the clutch...the QS does Not like it, and the gear change takes longer, and sounds and feels clunky.

I traded a 2018 H2 SX SE for the Busa and the H2 had a quick shifter that work everytime, everyday no matter how soft or hard I hit the shift lever.....
The was a recall on the H2 SX SE for the quickshifter. The ECU was re-flashed to correct a fault that didn’t do the correct cut off for the ignition / fuel feed and it was blamed for engine damage.

I had mine done, along with the other recalls before I sold it.

It wasn’t a hard to do recall, but it did wipe out any other ECU mods, derestrictions, mapping, Dyno time etc when they did it which pissed off a few folk.

If it’s an issue a few folk are seeing Suzuki may do something similar.

Last edited:
What I see is a hesitation in shift from 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration and a shift over 8k rpm. Not always. But last time, I had all Nannie’s off, no Lauch Mode, quick shift mode 1, shift at about 10k and it hesitated, as if traction control kicked in or something, and then continued on. Honestly, it probably barely made 0.3 sec diff in the quarter mile but it certainly does not feel correct. I’ve had it happen higher speed too, like 4->5 at about 9-10k as well…

What I see is a hesitation in shift from 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration and a shift over 8k rpm. Not always. But last time, I had all Nannie’s off, no Lauch Mode, quick shift mode 1, shift at about 10k and it hesitated, as if traction control kicked in or something, and then continued on. Honestly, it probably barely made 0.3 sec diff in the quarter mile but it certainly does not feel correct. I’ve had it happen higher speed too, like 4->5 at about 9-10k as well…
Must be something with the ECU as they use the same QS on the GSXR don't they?

It seems to be flawless on that bike...did you have any issues with the QS on the 1K @sixpack577

Back