Gen3 Convert

A13

Registered
Hi all,
Picked up a used 2022 yesterday, previous owner had 1400miles on it, and added bar risers and a touring screen.
I sold my 2022 Ninja 1000 SX and 2015 GSXR 1000 on the trade with a little cash back to be sensible(ish) with the money end of things.

Thoroughly enjoying the bike as being on the taller end of things the upper body room is considerably better for me.
I did about 150miles yesterday to get a feel for it and have found i might need to either raise the seat height or get dropped pegs to take a little of the bend from knees and hips as both were kinking up more than they did on the GSXR. I am still figuring that out though as GSXR pegs seemed higher and i imagined the Busa would be same or better, on the admittedly short test ride i took it all felt same/similar. I have a 34" inseam so idk what will work best yet, I'm here to do some reading and draw some conclusions on what i need to do.

Dealer has ordered in some factory heated grips, luggage anchor points and tank protection for me, i will read more on what other protection might be worth adding too. Those no-drill frame sliders seem like a good idea but are pretty expensive.
Although £350 for a set of sliders to save whatever the cost of a fairing might be is probably a good investment.
Guessing R&G are the right ones for the job?

Otherwise bike is stock, not even beginning to look at cans as the Yoshis are like £1500-1800 here, but at some point i would like to hear more of that engine.
The Yoshi on the GSXR was a really nice low gutteral sound without having a peaky screaching element or drone so its a thought at the back of my mind to look at those but not any time soon i guess.

Hoping to also find out about how often owners are eating through the S22s as i seemed to only get 2000+ miles from them when i had them on a Super Duke GT with similar torque to the Busa and maybe another 500 miles on the GSXR. Given these are Busa spec S22s it might be interesting to see if that is just for the weight and has no bearing on longevity.

Guess that is it for now, I'll go read some.

1681634491973.png

Welcome to the insanity known as Hayabusa....

Many here have added drop pegs or different seats and bar risers with good effects and I suspect that's the way to go for yourself too. You are fortunate as you have a longer inseam so a thicker seat is in your realm too.

Webike japan has the heated grips for $199 manufacturer part number 57100-10811. I saw them listed for $400 - $450 in the US at the time i purchased mine a few months ago.

I noticed flat spots on my S22s at 2000 miles; currently at 2560. Im 215 lbs naked and the bike’s suspension is stock. The lowest tire pressure ive set cold is 36. Ive since increased that to 38. Most of my riding is a 120ish mile commute round trip that’s all straight with 2 on/off ramps that curve, so I expected this to happen just not so soon. I’ll be purchasing the michelin road 6 tires next for better wear resistance down the middle.

No comment on anyway to increase your comfort I only have a 30” inseam lol

Enjoy the new bike!

Welcome to the insanity known as Hayabusa....

Many here have added drop pegs or different seats and bar risers with good effects and I suspect that's the way to go for yourself too. You are fortunate as you have a longer inseam so a thicker seat is in your realm too.
Thanks for the welcome,
Ive ordered the pegs attached and before i look at beefing up the seat ive ordered an air mesh seat cover to see if that gives a bit of lift.
But yea if these dont make it tolerable I still have custom seat options.
Many thanks.

1681673636287.png

Webike japan has the heated grips for $199 manufacturer part number 57100-10811. I saw them listed for $400 - $450 in the US at the time i purchased mine a few months ago.

I noticed flat spots on my S22s at 2000 miles; currently at 2560. Im 215 lbs naked and the bike’s suspension is stock. The lowest tire pressure ive set cold is 36. Ive since increased that to 38. Most of my riding is a 120ish mile commute round trip that’s all straight with 2 on/off ramps that curve, so I expected this to happen just not so soon. I’ll be purchasing the michelin road 6 tires next for better wear resistance down the middle.

No comment on anyway to increase your comfort I only have a 30” inseam lol

Enjoy the new bike!
Ive had good luck with the Road 5/6s, i used them on the Ninja and a Street Triple in the past, i was wondering if they might be the solution.

Thanks for the welcome,
Ive ordered the pegs attached and before i look at beefing up the seat ive ordered an air mesh seat cover to see if that gives a bit of lift.
But yea if these dont make it tolerable I still have custom seat options.
Many thanks.

View attachment 1665514
I’ve got those pegs for the pilllion.
Made a huge difference for their comfort, allowing down and a bit rotated forward.
Done many many kms and no probs

Welcome :popcorn:

Back