new member/owner

piester

Registered
hello. new to hayabusas but not to motorcycles. owned many bikes but have only really ridden suzukis. current ride isnt all that comfortable for long 2 up riding or trips. 98 gsxr 750 frame with an 08 gsxr 1000 motor, forks, and wheels. ducati monster seat. headlights i made, risers and dirtbike bars. and so on
build thread for those interested: 98 gsxr 750 meets 08 gsxr 1000 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

FE9F9EFA-883C-4F8B-869A-7AE49E09A14F_zpsmzg8ytlb.jpg

so i decided to look for a second bike and came upon this 06 in 04 bodywork. stock bodywork was all scratched up so PO put one of my favorite color schemes.
2C662FC7-65B1-42B3-BA0B-F4BD2E1CF7A4_zps4mknadyp.jpg

came with what you see as well as an atre, inch bar risers, buell foot pegs. 2 helmets with intercoms, the PO and his wifes jackets and pants, heated jacket liners and a new pair of icon gloves. oh and a garmin gps with ram mount. as well as the most comprehensive touring tool kit i have seen. it really pays to buy vehicles from military men.

it does have a few little problems. fork seals are weeping, rear valve stem ripped and tire is shot. i had a spare busa wheel at my house with a 200/55 on it so that went on. also have added a speedo drd from my parts bin, a quick action throttle, swapped to gp shift as all my other bikes are, chopped up the undertail and integrated my taillight. i have a -2 front sprocket on it which should ride close to a -1+1 when you take into account rollout of the larger tire. this is just to see if i want that approximate gearing or which side of it id like to be on.

plans are to put stock gsxr foot pegs on it as the current pegs cause me to hit the kickstand when i shift. modify the bag framework so it bolts on and off in one piece and doesnt leave any quick release tabs or brackets behind. trying to decide between doing the seals in the stock forks or rebuilding a set of 08 gsxr 1000 forks for it. i have a few sets of radial calipers and could pick up a radial master. one for the clutch side as well. braided lines. raise the rear. the usual mods, a buddy is shipping me a D&D full system that was on a lowered bike and has some flat tubes ill have to fix. the carbon cans are cracked up as well and i dont think a simple cut down will work. so i think i will weld up a 4-1 for a cut down yoshi trs i have in the garage.

any and all suggestions are welcome as far as other mods and such.

Welcome to the .org! Great stuff you have planned for it.

welcome to the org....i would say welcome to the addiction but looks like you have had that for some time!

Back