Gen2 Rc's Performance head and cam

Geoff

Registered
I'm wanting to send my 2012 off and have the head work and cams done.

Has anyone done there head and cam on there Gen2 with Rc's Performance? Just wondering if the power is true for the money. I've seen 1441's put down a little above there claimed HP #'s

I have seen very impressive drag strip numbers with their work. Have personally had their work on a couple if my bikes with good success.

What are looking for, more power for street, drag, or land speed?

What is your budget?

Are you sticking with stock bore and compression?

What exhaust and tuning are you going to be using?

Drag and street. Have Tiforce system and they do dyno tuning, which I do have the woolich tuning logbox and software. And yes, Stock internals.

Fixing to get a 12 over tail and 72" arm

Lmao.. No that's not me... This is my bike.. the black one.. and getting the 12 over tail and arm from my friends 2011

Untitled.jpg

1483090_184885951715586_1087659603_n.jpg

10308728_10201850820271514_8979406706314787301_n.jpg

My last head and cam package from him didn't work out very well for me.

If you want quality and dependable work and a quick turnaround

Go with RC's
there is a reason just about all the PST guys who go really fast use him. I don't know ANY of them who are using RC. not one!

there is a reason just about all the PST guys who go really fast use him. I don't know ANY of them who are using RC. not one!

Rodney is pretty good on setting up turbos and tuning them ,,if I had a turbo I would use him to.
RC's is more known for motor and nos applications.
So I would say that's why the pro street guys use Rodney and and not rc.

I had a head and cam done by rodney. He did a great job on my 08 busa. Went from running low 80's to high 50's pump gas.. This was in 2012..

The best time's for my bike is 5.70's with +3 gearing and only extensions +8... And the price was the same between the two companies

Find out who has the better history of turn around 4 work being done...... Some shops have been know 2 sit on bikes/parts 4 months without them seeing a wrench. Some shops have a name in the industry so they get swamped from business and they may put the racer who spends money$$$ annually @ their shop 1st vs the new guy who may or may not be back. 4 the record I'm not saying this applies 2 either 1 of the shops mentioned above. All I'm saying is it pays 2 due your homework and it may make the difference between you having your busa back 2gether by the beginning or End of riding season :whistle:

I was quoted right at $1900 for all the work to be done, wouldn't CNC machines be better than hand porting

I was quoted right at $1900 for all the work to be done, wouldn't CNC machines be better than hand porting
not necessarily. they all start out as a hand port and after they figure what port works best and flows the highest number it goes in the CNC machine so they can duplicate it without having to do my hand every time.

but some can hand port just as good as the machine does it. thats about right tho. $1000 for the cams and $900 for a port is about the going rate. cud probably get the cams a little cheaper.

I wud bet Rodney Willford cud do it cheaper with a better port job too. he probably uses a CNC machine too but those numbers come from him and its proven. Richard at RCC wud send you to Rodney as well. call him up and ask him if u don't believe me.

Richard at RCC also likes Yosh cams. everyone has their favorite combo. imo they are all going to be very close in the amount of HP ur gonna get from a head/cam package.

I wud give Rodney a call. I think after talking to him ull decide he's the guy ur sending ur heads to and he will shim the heads too. he will decide which cam is best for ur application. its a free call. I wud at least giv him a shout.

Back