Gen2 copart special: redemption

It was $80 for the two pieces i needed but to replace all the dampening material but for all new material will be $187.94 plus taxes and a 1-2 week waiting period to ship from bike bandit.

CUSHION, UNDER COWL, RH NO 1 – $41.95

CUSHION, UNDER COWL, RH NO 2 – $47.95

CUSHION, UNDER COWL, RH NO 3 – $19.07

CUSHION, UNDER COWL, LH NO 1 – $34.95

CUSHION, UNDER COWL, LH NO 2 – $24.95

CUSHION, INDER COWL, NO 3 – $19.07

TOTAL: $187.94

Man this has been brutal. Making progress but fighting for it every inch.

The dash trim in particular is quite difficult to fit. It's definitely not going to be as nice as I want but I think it's going to look amazing from 5 feet. One place I dented paint using wrong screw and it went too far through a side fairing, wouldn't know unless I showed you though. Little imperfection in clear coat now thoigh and it'll chip over time. Maybe I can spot apply a little clear?

Heres where im at before bed today

84351DFF-2F75-450A-BD88-03478F6AD21B.jpeg
16381F7B-000D-49E8-AB33-C1878A6BB4FE.jpeg
F6900252-FA3C-4843-B3CB-DEE6DCA283A3.jpeg

I have a lot of the same gaps in mine...definitely not a perfect fit, but looks great from 5' back like you said!
I would definitely put heat shielding on the sides and belly pan! My belly pan warped a couple days after install, but I also put them on during summer in FL. I ordered something like this: Fairing Heatshield Insulation Pad for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 08-16 09 10 11 | eBay
but haven't installed them yet so I'm sideless.

I have a lot of the same gaps in mine...definitely not a perfect fit, but looks great from 5' back like you said!
I would definitely put heat shielding on the sides and belly pan! My belly pan warped a couple days after install, but I also put them on during summer in FL. I ordered something like this: Fairing Heatshield Insulation Pad for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R 08-16 09 10 11 | eBay
but haven't installed them yet so I'm sideless.

Awesome I just ordered that.

My backup plan is that I'm going to epoxy everything together and my fairings are a single piece. Haha.

Yeah but for real I may epoxy some of this crap together

Hey I may be doing something stupid here but anyone know how these tank covers go on?

I am like assuming that it goes on over the stock tank but it's really not remotely close to a fit.

Also what goes in these side holes on tank? I can't find anything in parts diagram

4E92FDC3-2EC5-4D56-9D61-DD167664F3A5.jpeg

44D017BF-87AA-45D7-871E-ADEA0D73DA92.jpeg

F822ECCF-E7D7-4FA0-A9D8-23FEA10FCDF0.jpeg

1B074574-06ED-424D-8C88-EAE9AD46425D.jpeg

4BAB5BCA-9468-4228-BE58-8A7D128099AE.jpeg

7ECF3FD2-3EC9-4E27-AE55-ADD78CBDBDF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey I may be doing something stupid here but anyone know how these tank covers go on?

I am like assuming that it goes on over the stock tank but it's really not remotely close to a fit.

Also what goes in these side holes on tank? I can't find anything in parts diagram
Mine didn't come with one, but YIKES...guess its time to weld a taller tank together!

Okay it's not a gen1 kit it's a gen1 tank cover for sure, when I look at the gen1 and gen2 tank side by side this cover is more rounded and doesn't have the inward cut that the gen2 tank has.

the rest is a gen2 kit after comparing photos.

I think I just need to sit on the floor with a heat gun and a lot of patience and massage the pieces into place.

Okay it's not a gen1 kit it's a gen1 tank cover for sure, when I look at the gen1 and gen2 tank side by side this cover is more rounded and doesn't have the inward cut that the gen2 tank has.

the rest is a gen2 kit after comparing photos.

I think I just need to sit on the floor with a heat gun and a lot of patience and massage the pieces into place.
I doubt your gonna get the cover to fit right, monster is one of the better talked about companies i would make them send the right one before u mess that one up with the heat gun.

I doubt your gonna get the cover to fit right, monster is one of the better talked about companies i would make them send the right one before u mess that one up with the heat gun.

Yeah I meant the rest of the kit. I am starting to make some progress but it's very hard. Assembly order is super duper important and there are a ton of little hidden tabs that don't match up.

I don't think it's actually possible to get their dash trim to work, I'm using spare originals now and it's closer.

I'm so sore and tired from trying to get these things to all line up. I can't believe these are the good ones!

Alright I just got out my airbrush. I haven't used it in a couple years but I have a bunch of duplicolor auto paint. I'm going to take an OE piece and sand it down then prime and airbrush it. If that works I would much rather spend my time taking OE pieces that fit and learning how to finish them.

Wish me luck!

I just asked monster for my money back. I'm going to do this myself. Screw this Chinese junk.

Starting to get an OE fender ready it'll be my test spray. Stripping it down, then I'll wet sand and wash it. Then duplicolor primer and I am thinking of doing a two coat candy red on it. This is a way more fun project.

6C0BB1DB-70CC-4194-951F-4370DA49AD38.jpeg

D7552AE6-D0C5-4389-921A-06D26C384305.jpeg

I just asked monster for my money back. I'm going to do this myself. Screw this Chinese junk.

Starting to get an OE fender ready it'll be my test spray. Stripping it down, then I'll wet sand and wash it. Then duplicolor primer and I am thinking of doing a two coat candy red on it. This is a way more fun project.

View attachment 1635867
View attachment 1635868
If you have the skills, might as well put them to work...are you going to do the tank as well?

OKAY GUYS!

So I finally got a sunny day and took someones advise from the group, I did it all in the sun when the plastic was much more pliable.

Not perfect but honestly...not bad!!!

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2973.jpeg

I'm still figuring out the tank situation. I'm hoping monster fairings will reimburse me for the cost of the replacement.

And I've got some dash pieces I really just can't get to fit right. The only one that SUPER matters is this one, because it keeps turning on my high beams when I put wheel full right:

IMG_2968.jpeg

You can see gaps on either side of dash, I don't think I'll be able to fix these. The fitment just isn't close:
IMG_2967.jpeg

I've got a few more things to take care of, and I am still working on stripping down and painting those old fairings, I've got my first victim ready to go:

IMG_2940.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

I will decide after I try painting the old ones which is better, to strip and repaint or to use aftermarket.

ALSO: IT RIDES LIKE A DREAM. VERY smooth, incredible delivery of power, extremely low vibration. MUCH better than my last busa. I'm so happy with the bike. I've got a few more mods (HIDs, etc) then I'm going to put a new exhaust + wideband in it and do an autotune with this woolich I got. Very excited.

Last edited:
OKAY GUYS!

So I finally got a sunny day and took someones advise from the group, I did it all in the sun when the plastic was much more pliable.

Not perfect but honestly...not bad!!!

View attachment 1635884

View attachment 1635885

View attachment 1635886

I'm still figuring out the tank situation. I'm hoping monster fairings will reimburse me for the cost of the replacement.

And I've got some dash pieces I really just can't get to fit right. The only one that SUPER matters is this one, because it keeps turning on my high beams when I put wheel full right:

View attachment 1635887

You can see gaps on either side of dash, I don't think I'll be able to fix these. The fitment just isn't close:
View attachment 1635888

I've got a few more things to take care of, and I am still working on stripping down and painting those old fairings, I've got my first victim ready to go:

View attachment 1635889

View attachment 1635890

I will decide after I try painting the old ones which is better, to strip and repaint or to use aftermarket.

ALSO: IT RIDES LIKE A DREAM. VERY smooth, incredible delivery of power, extremely low vibration. MUCH better than my last busa. I'm so happy with the bike. I've got a few more mods (HIDs, etc) then I'm going to put a new exhaust + wideband in it and do an autotune with this woolich I got. Very excited.
Looking good brother, glad to see it together and you enjoying it. Great job :thumbsup:

Back