Gen2 copart special: redemption

This is after massive work too. I think the problem is actually the nose fairing shape is slightly off, which is making everything else not fit right
my 2c is you have a front fairing stay which is no longer in original shape causing all your problems, you should replace it and my bet your fairings will match up. the fairing stays are made from aluminium and very easy to twist out of shape in an accident. ps there is no way to check for damage on those just replace it

my 2c is you have a front fairing stay which is no longer in original shape causing all your problems, you should replace it and my bet your fairings will match up. the fairing stays are made from aluminium and very easy to twist out of shape in an accident. ps there is no way to check for damage on those just replace it
@amirpc he is right, my bike had a small tip over with me still holding it and the mirror hit the ground and I can tell it tweaked the front stay at that point and the one side has a small gap right where u were trying to clamp yours.

WHOA dude, mind blown.

Is this what you're talking about?

1623348665250.png

Okay so first got a new one of these. Im not going to pull the fairings off until I get the fuel tank ready. Im realllllly loving riding it right now and don't want to start a project like that until I have time to get it back together in the same day.

890C9E90-625A-415D-B9D0-3FA778A1D7B3.jpeg

Second update I got a tank!

currently in the process of preparing it to be painted, stripping it down to metal and filled a couple dings

654CFF35-2367-4A74-92EC-C83A406AACCC.jpeg

F32688E5-22DA-4A83-9CCC-11BE3660CAEE.jpeg

01EDCCD2-0539-4A95-935A-FD2A0BA59709.jpeg

8CC85810-A927-43AE-88A0-6639BAD5DEAE.jpeg

747B25FC-5B81-45AE-AB5C-7414D1CF6A8D.jpeg

I've got a little bit more sanding to do then I'm going to prime it and paint it. Picked up all the primer, color matched paint and reducer, and clear and hardener.

Okay so first got a new one of these. Im not going to pull the fairings off until I get the fuel tank ready. Im realllllly loving riding it right now and don't want to start a project like that until I have time to get it back together in the same day.

View attachment 1636748

Second update I got a tank!

currently in the process of preparing it to be painted, stripping it down to metal and filled a couple dings

View attachment 1636749
View attachment 1636750
View attachment 1636751
View attachment 1636752
View attachment 1636753

I've got a little bit more sanding to do then I'm going to prime it and paint it. Picked up all the primer, color matched paint and reducer, and clear and hardener.
That's awesome...I see the boss lady is holding your drink while you take a picture, that's very nice of her...:lol:

Back