Gen1 Busa Gear Position indicator...

yea, i want this. but white led's in back, with blue gear indicators.

can it be programmed to take input from a shift light, and blink the numbers?

Hi again - a few replies..

That is AWESOME! I am currently learning programming and I think this may have to be a project!! I have a ton of experience is soldering, so not worried about that. Also have experience with LEDs, so not worried about that. If you don't mind helping, it would be nice to know what model PIC and your wiring diagram. But if you don't want to share, thanks for the idea. I will be trying this soon, currently looking for a "practice" set of gauges!
The PIC I use is an 8-bit '16F' device but any of the one's with an inbuilt A/D will work. Read gear sensor and output to LEDs is all that's basically required but the clever bit is filtering the signal, or it was on the GSX1400 as the signal is somewhat noisy and can be affected by other loads activating such as indicators etc. Good luck - PICs are a great product so have fun...

so bro how much for the gear position modification....hehehe
GPi is £125UK and backlighting £70UK + any postage.

yea, i want this. but white led's in back, with blue gear indicators.
Not tried that combo but could work I think. Would work well with Lockwood Dial faces I think with LEDs under the marker positions as opposed to the numbers.

can it be programmed to take input from a shift light, and blink the numbers?
As it stands - NO - could be done with a coding and circuit modification but would not be cost effective as a one-off really.

Is anyone in the U.S. Doing this mod? My led's faces and needles are already done by blue gauges.com but this is a must have for me if anyone can help me out that would be awesome I have a gen 1

Is anyone in the U.S. Doing this mod? My led's faces and needles are already done by blue gauges.com but this is a must have for me if anyone can help me out that would be awesome I have a gen 1

I'm in Canada and do this mod, Although a little differently then ThommoHawk.

Hey Echo. I remember discussing this with you. You at that time was going for a DIY approach.

Have you refined this since then?

Hey Echo. I remember discussing this with you. You at that time was going for a DIY approach.

Have you refined this since then?

Hello Tom!
I offer the DIY kit or you can send me your cluster and I'll install the LED module leaving one wire and two plug and play harnesses to connect.
Feel free to email me as I am not usually on here.
:woot:

Not to be rude but this post is 5 years old, do you need a hand with installing one and setting it?
Hi Jeff, yeah I seen it was old but thought id ask anyway, its a great looking mod do you know if anyone on here still does this? Thanks

Hi Jeff, yeah I seen it was old but thought id ask anyway, its a great looking mod do you know if anyone on here still does this? Thanks
I bought a used one from a member here the atre one, easy install but mine doesnt fit under the windscreen so I hand to turn it sideways, I put it on velcro pad so I could clean the dash.
20210901_130014.jpg

I think there is another thread around here somewhere that is more recent and the op had answered but I can't remember if they still had the stuff available or not
OK thanks dopey I'll have a look about see if I can find it

Hi all -

Newbie here in the UK and not yet an owner but I have been modifying a set of GEN1 clocks for a friend and thought you might be interested in them.

Blue backlighting, (nothing new there) but I've incorporated a gear position indication too by illuminating the numbers for gears 1-6. It also shows a kill switch condition by an animated pattern and both patterns and LED brilliance are user programmable from the normal odometer reset button.

Anyway, I've stuck a video on youTube and thought I'd post a link to see what you think.

[video=youtube_share;1moCE2sjNbs]

I only returned to biking in 2007 after 27+ years away (now 48) and currently have a GSX1400 having only previously owned a 1977 RD250DX. A Busa would be nice but I figured I ought to re-acquaint myself with riding before getting too fast and the naked nature of the 1400 keeps me generally below 100mph as it gets a bit windy above that...

Anyway - great forum you have over there and I look forward to reading more about your rides..
How can I get that mod on my gen1 , or is there any step by step instructions on how it can be done ?

@wsant148 Welcome to the oRg!
Pretty old thread, but I'd start here:
Explore the links offered in the above thread, might find your answer there.
Pretty sure there are multiple aftermarket choices for this mod
Hope this helps and good luck with the mod!

Back