Air shifter/gear position indicator question

yzguyfl

Registered
So I was re-running some wiring on my bike, some of which was done by the previous owner, and I came across something odd.

The hot and ground from the stock horn was used, and routed to the shifter solenoid, but the hot wire (always hot) is connected to the red wire on the GPI, which I assume is also always hot. There is something between them, like a resistor or diode or something, I did not rip open the heat shrink to find out. I left it there, as everything is working correctly, but does anyone have any idea why the hot side (not the switched side) of the shifter solenoid would be connected to the red GPI wire in any way?

Also the GPI wire harness has 3 wires, a black, red and blue/purple/violet (not sure which I’m partially color blind) wire. That last wire is the one that has the voltage change which indicates the gear right? (black and red being ground and positive for reference). I’m thinking of adding an 6th gear light later.

well in case anyone comes across this in the future, I figured out what that wire was. It is how my air shifter sends the kill info to the stock ecu for shifting. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it is the only connection my shift switch has to interrupt the ignition, which is done by the stock ECU which has been reprogrammed (I'm guessing by ecu editor) by the previous owner.

Back