Gen II exhaust on gen I, am I imagining more power ?

Dnt know my man- I'm trying to install a Yosh R77 on my 05 bike now. I've got a full Yosh TRS system. Hopefully I can use part of the full system to make the R77 fit. Its been done, I love the look of the R77 on the Gen I.

I worked this same mod on my 06, Gen1 header with Gen2 Yosh R-55. Not too many people pick up on it unless they are busa-freaks like us!

I worked this same mod on my 06, Gen1 header with Gen2 Yosh R-55. Not too many people pick up on it unless they are busa-freaks like us!

I hear ya Black Sheep- I'm not quite there yet but hopefully with some help, I will have the Yosh R77 Carbon on mine here soon. Now when you say Gen I header, which header are you using. Stock header or aftermarket?

Great to know you feel like you get more power.

lol! I had a Brock Short Meg on my 07- it was sweet, but I want something different and I want to ride with out going deaf! Check your messages bro

Again sorry to be a little slow, but are you asking if I think that Gen 1 full system will bolt up to a Gen II bike? I would guess yes.

Again sorry to be a little slow, but are you asking if I think that Gen 1 full system will bolt up to a Gen II bike? I would guess yes.

Yes- thats what I'm asking:) You used a Gen II stock header right? The reason I'm being a pain in the butt about this because some people say it won't fit, and some say it does and since you've done it- I taking your experience with this mod very serious. I'm gonna install my Gen I Yosh header on my Gen I busa this weekend and order the R77 pipe and mid-pipe and see if it works. Do you think if I order a FULL Gen II R77 it will bolt right up to the GEN I except for the mounting bracket? Can you tell I want this R77 REALLY BAD!?!?!?!?!?! lol! Be patient with me bro-

Yes- thats what I'm asking:) You used a Gen II stock header right? The reason I'm being a pain in the butt about this because some people say it won't fit, and some say it does and since you've done it- I taking your experience with this mod very serious. I'm gonna install my Gen I Yosh header on my Gen I busa this weekend and order the R77 pipe and mid-pipe and see if it works. Do you think if I order a FULL Gen II R77 it will bolt right up to the GEN I except for the mounting bracket? Can you tell I want this R77 REALLY BAD!?!?!?!?!?! lol! Be patient with me bro-

If you have a Gen I Busa with a Yosh system just buy the R77 can and clamp Here. I was gonna go with a TRC-D can but decided I didnt want to spend $425 on a muffler.

If you have a Gen I Busa with a Yosh system just buy the R77 can and clamp Here. I was gonna go with a TRC-D can but decided I didnt want to spend $425 on a muffler.

hmmm.... it makes sense but is it that simple? I'm hearing the mid-pipe won't work and talk of taking the exhaust to a muffler/welding shop- I JUST WANT THE R77 ON MY BIKE!!! lol!

I guess it comes down to this, a muffler intended to fit a Gen I header will not fit a Gen II header and vice versa, but a full system for either model should bolt up to either model fairly easily, with the exception of the bottom mount and the belly cowl. The hangars should work either way.

hmmm.... it makes sense but is it that simple? I'm hearing the mid-pipe won't work and talk of taking the exhaust to a muffler/welding shop- I JUST WANT THE R77 ON MY BIKE!!! lol!
It is that simple. You dont need the mid pipe, all you need is the muffler and clamp.

Back