gen I or Gen II pole

Thanks PaceMaster. I bet you really know your bike well. This is my first Busa. I am very happy with it and I am planning on keeping it for a long time. :beerchug:

DO WE NEED TO GO HERE AGAIN TAKE A GOOD LOOK THE 08 ORANGE AND BLACK BUSA WILL ALWAYS RULE AND LOOK THE BEST:laugh:

001.jpg

Thats a great looking gen II... nice exhaust look.
I have a Gen I .... seven years now....Was checking CCO9's Dash yesterday.
Mines starting to look kinda dated to me.. But while riding it..It never dissapoints me.
I read your post very carefully Ralph! Had you said anything negative about the Gen II, I was planning on breaking out a can of whop-azz on you!! After :laugh:all, I know where you live my friend!!

The gen 2 has a rockin' motor, but it just seems to look too big and bulky/overdone for my tastes, kinda like something outta a japanese anime movie. I def prefer the gen 1's sleeker, slimmer look :thumbsup:

Gen 2 for sure. Out with the old and in with the new:moon: Gen one is outdated, both are still amazing machines but gen 2 is were its at, no doubt about it!!!:rofl:

Nothing personal towards those with the Gen 2, but I've tried to get myself to like the tail on the 2 and I simply can't. It doesn't flow with the bike like the 1 does, and the exhaust is too portly imo. Another unusual thins is that the tail lights on the Gen 2 tail look akin to an old-style Japanese car from the 60's!! Otherwise, it is a fine bike. Switch tails and exhausts and you have a winner.

Last edited:
Until I owned the Gen 2 I liked the tail better on Gen 1 now that I have a II it has grown on me and the Gen 1 looks outdated. I think the rest of the bike is hands down to the II. Headlight, turn sigs, look of the ram air, gauges and even the seat and lets not forget about the xtra 25ponies under that seat that should help y'all get past the tail.:laugh:

Gen II. I love the tail how smooth it flows. I dont care for the arms on the turn signals looks so outta place. My Bandit had that so i bought the led tail so the brake light would flash amber. Each is there own. in the end it comes down to 2 wheel's one love. and Busa to Busa. were all the same family..

I have REALLY REALLY tried to get use to the Gen II tail section since it came out. I have really wanted one all nice and shiny and a little faster but alas I just can't do it. I LOVE the looks of my 03 stock Gen I. Although it has been dropped twice at a standstill. Once by my wife and once by me I still love it. I am playing with ideas for paint jobs to get it back to the nice and shiny part and I am FINALLY getting serious about a 4 into 1 exhaust so I have to say for me it's

GEN I

HAHAHAHA. I have been coming to this board since I have owned the bike and yea I only have 88 posts but it still says I am a "new recruit", funny!!

Last edited:
The perfect bike would be the gen1 with a gen 2 front. The gen 2 looks great but they really screwed it up with the tail :poke:

My vote GEN 1

I prefer the Gen II over the Gen I. As stated earlier, the Gen I just looks dated now. Even the GEN I looks better with the Gen II tail IMHO.:thumbsup:
Linky

Generation 1 for me, however I would love to add the Gen 2 dashboard to gen 1. Love that Gen 2 instrument cluster!

Back