gen I or Gen II pole

the Gen I tail section looks dated, but I don't like the tail section of the Gen II either, but I think the Gen II is a better over all bike...just my 2 cents...

I like the Gen1, 2007, Burgundy the best. However, if there is a 2010, solid color burgundy Busa I may change my mind. :whistle:

GEN II FRONT WAY BETTER, GEN I REAR SOMEWHAT BETTER, OVERALL IMPROVEMENTS ON GEN II VERY GOOD, BUT JUST MY $.02....:thumbsup:

it depends i have seen a gen 2 with a blacked out tail section stretched and lowered that looked wicked, but alll in all i like the gen 1 but thats all i have ever owned i have seen a gen 2 with a gen 1 tail on it, i dont know how they made it work but they did.

I have a gen II and I like it better .The gen I looks dated. But in the future the gen I will be the classic as with almost all other bikes and cars

Gen I is see as classic hot rod style. Gen II is more ferarri style. I have a gen II and like the tail.

The Gen I look is dated now. The tail section on the Gen II is a take it or leave it kinda look. And while I'm not a huge fan,... I think it looks awesome w/ a single sided exhaust system!

I like the Creature by far, or Gen II.

The lines. The first gen had a more serious look, flatter panels, fewer lines. The second gen has more lines, more curves to it. Looks more like a creature than a machine.

Gen one.

suzuki_hayabusa3.jpg

Gen two.

2008-Suzuk-Hayabusa-GSX1300Ra-small.jpg

Sorry, I'm an HD guy and got into the Busa world rebuilding my sons Gen I (Ha! I didn't even know the difference between the 2 until someone on the .org told me...)

But since the OP asked: The tail and limp-noodle looking exhaust on the Gen II is just horrible... As for the Gen I looking dated, funny how the big 3 auto makers redesigned the Camaro, Mustang & Charger / Challenger to resemble the late 60's muscle cars of the past.

I don't think of it as dated, more like "Classic"...

Hopefully I'll get my own Gen I in the near future but in the meantime I'll lurk around on the .org and learn more valuable info from all you members!

Last edited:
As for the Gen I looking dated, funny how the big 3 auto makers redesigned the Camaro, Mustang & Charger / Challenger to resemble the late 60's muscle cars of the past.

I don't think of it as dated, more like "Classic"...

Hopefully I'll get my own Gen I in the near future but in the meantime I'll lurk around on the .org and learn more valuable info from all you members!

The biggest reason the big three started doing the whole "retro" thing is to try to sell to the older generation (they have the money and a midlife crisis). Its a marketing thing to play on the nostalgia they feel toward that first car or the like. That's the reason they are using styling ques from the era they are, you don't see them making cars that look like the model T. The busa has only been out for ten years, it's not old enough to be classic. For now it's dated. Maybe in twenty more years, they will be copying the style of the 80's model sport bikes. Either way, the Gen II Busa looks more like the Gen I than any of those cars look like their "classic" counterparts.

This thread is about looks alone, and there is no question, there are going to be differences of opinion. Everybody has their own tastes, and that is what it is. But I think the Busa, itself, has always been different. It is beautiful because of what it is, not what it is because of it's beauty. The wind is what shaped the Busa, more so than any stylists eyes. That is what made it so radically different in the beginning. In that spirit of form following function, the new Busa is every bit the wonder and beauty the original was, and for all the same reasons. It's not what it is, to satisfy your eyes, it is an instrument that plays to your soul, that is it's purpose.

Everybody thought it was ugly, until they found out how fast it was, then all of a sudden people started to appreciate it.:beerchug:

when my buddy bought his 2000 busa, I broke his balls endlessly, about how ugly it was, not sure why, at the time I was riding a Ducati,(or torture chamber , as I like to call it) and I always would smoke him on the twisties, but then when the straightaways came he blew me away,, I kinda got used to seeing the back of his bike, Now that I bought my first in 05 and my second this year I see how nice looking it is, it may have been jealosy then, who knows,, but now the looks of the gen I grew on me, maybe in time the gen II will grow on me the same way,, who knows, there both outstanding,

I like gen I tail with straight cans, gen II tail with curved cans. Curved cans still have stealth with inserts in.

Thats a great looking gen II... nice exhaust look.
I have a Gen I .... seven years now....Was checking CCO9's Dash yesterday.
Mines starting to look kinda dated to me.. But while riding it..It never dissapoints me.

Back