Gen 3 comfort

Just to be completely open, I have bar risers, helibars, drop pegs and a aftermarket seat.
I can easily do a full days ride. Good nights sleep and up and at it again.
A lot also depends on your physical fitness and general health too
Good to know there are ways to improve comfort. I just found the Pashnit tour section in this forum so there are folks doing long distance rides on these bikes. I need to head over there to see what I can see.
My general physical health is good so no issues there.
Sounds like bar risers and drop pegs might good. Plus, my rides are done on weekends and probably aren’t more than 2 hours long so I should be good.
It sorta feels like the ergonomics were designed for someone about 5’5”.

Good to know there are ways to improve comfort. I just found the Pashnit tour section in this forum so there are folks doing long distance rides on these bikes. I need to head over there to see what I can see.
My general physical health is good so no issues there.
Sounds like bar risers and drop pegs might good. Plus, my rides are done on weekends and probably aren’t more than 2 hours long so I should be good.
It sorta feels like the ergonomics were designed for someone about 5’5”.
....with 5' arms.

I had 3 gen 1's..reason for that was I kept trying to convince myself I could find a way to ride it comfortably..NAH...couldnt be done..not for me, period..bought 3 new gen 1's to prove that..lol

And, I was a lot younger then... most of my recent bikes, (past 8-10 years, all had abm bar kits, risers, lowering pegs, and any other kinda poop I could buy, or fab, to sit me on it better..

Well, HATING the H2SX SE, I dumped to get the new busa, being old, and feeble minded as I am now, I forgot about how horrible it was for me to ride a busa...And, got caught of in all the release poop.

After I ordered it, I thought, oh oh, I ff'ed up..AGAIN..lol

But never being a coward, I decided give it a go. and to my surprise. it works great for me!!!!!!!!! I was shocked..lolol

I used knight design lowering pegs, and a bar riser from moto cnc in England, and its great...I've put 300+ miles on it in a day with no more issues than any other bikes I've had..

The changes, small as they say they are , are very dramatic to the bikes overall manners, and demeanor..

Turns lighter, quicker, and rides like a cadillac..plus, cruise, rounded it out..

Oh, I have the full yosh system on it, nothing else can be done yet as we all know, but, it eats my SX, dynoed by brock, with a full tune, full exhaust, etc. for a easy lunch, as far as the grunt goes..

Long winded again here, but, wanted to address the hesitancy of guys worried about buying this bike...just do it :)

Last edited:
I’m 6’, 32” inseam, G3 is more comfortable than my G1 or G2’s were

A13C367E-71B5-4776-B407-8DB5D1E236AC.jpeg

I'm a little over 6' and have fairly short legs for my height and longish arms so I was made for the Busa. The only thing I have on it are 1" helibars. I have ridden it for 13 years with rearsets. Anyway, the key to being comfortable on the Busa is situps and leg lifts. Seriously. I actually am very comfortable on the bike, even for 8-12 hour long day rides.

Owned over forty machines covering most types ie sports, tourers, sit up and beg types aka adventure bikes and never altered the riding position of any of them. Or a suspension setting. That includes this G3 with 100lb over the gross weight limit.
6'2.Normal length limbs.I do understand others desire to make their machine as comfortable as possible.

Owned over forty machines covering most types ie sports, tourers, sit up and beg types aka adventure bikes and never altered the riding position of any of them. Or a suspension setting. That includes this G3 with 100lb over the gross weight limit.
6'2.Normal length limbs.I do understand others desire to make their machine as comfortable as possible.
I was the same way on all my dirt bikes.

I will say on an all day distance ride, a small difference makes the backs of my knees cramp whereas a small amount down makes all the difference. Oh wait, I'm old. That's right. I forgot.

Last edited:
Instant Rider Position Acclimation Training (IRPAT)

Follow these easy steps:

1. Get on your Busa.
2. Find an open, safe road.
3, Point your Busa down the road, then turn the right grip all the way counterclockwise (roll it towards you).
4. You will quickly draw up in a tight tuck as you struggle to hold onto the beast.
(Note: A change of underwear is recommended gear for this training)

I offered to allow Suzuki to license this for their manuals...
Twist first,,,,,,,ask questions later. :thumbsup:
:beerchug:

The comfort level on the gen 3 is good. I need to find a way to stop the numbness of the back of my thigh where it sits on the seat due to cutting off blood circulation. If I could solve that, it would be a dream to ride the busa long distances with total comfort. I have a bad back and I can ride my busa longer than I can ride my Goldwing bike and Goldwing trike. On the GW, I pretty much have to ride straight up and down causing me back pain after 1 hour. Now on the busa, you have two ways to ride, leaning over with your back arched in and down or hunched over like humpback. The humpback position believe it or not, causes me no pain due to my upper body weight not pushing on my lower vertebrate but on my stomach and rib cage. Think about it, the angle your upper torso is resting on your lower torso takes almost all the weight off my lower back, I mean way low back. With the bumps and dips, my body just kinda springs and bends a little, but upright, it's a straight-on jarring of my low back. Also, in the hunched-over position, the weight on my wrist is much lighter too. Makes a lot of sense to me. All I know is with the cruise control and hunched over, I can ride until the tank is empty and I cannot on the GW. Of course, I have the handlebar spacer from the UK and I have the 40mm lower pegs from eBay for $45. No need to change the rearset to get a lower peg.

The comfort level on the gen 3 is good. I need to find a way to stop the numbness of the back of my thigh where it sits on the seat due to cutting off blood circulation. If I could solve that, it would be a dream to ride the busa long distances with total comfort. I have a bad back and I can ride my busa longer than I can ride my Goldwing bike and Goldwing trike. On the GW, I pretty much have to ride straight up and down causing me back pain after 1 hour. Now on the busa, you have two ways to ride, leaning over with your back arched in and down or hunched over like humpback. The humpback position believe it or not, causes me no pain due to my upper body weight not pushing on my lower vertebrate but on my stomach and rib cage. Think about it, the angle your upper torso is resting on your lower torso takes almost all the weight off my lower back, I mean way low back. With the bumps and dips, my body just kinda springs and bends a little, but upright, it's a straight-on jarring of my low back. Also, in the hunched-over position, the weight on my wrist is much lighter too. Makes a lot of sense to me. All I know is with the cruise control and hunched over, I can ride until the tank is empty and I cannot on the GW. Of course, I have the handlebar spacer from the UK and I have the 40mm lower pegs from eBay for $45. No need to change the rearset to get a lower peg.
Numbness in the thigh is what I had on the GSX S1000. Airhawk inflatable cushions solved that for me. They lift you up somewhat - depending on how full you inflate the cushion - and allow your circulation to flow more freely. Strangely, the "dual sport" version worked best for me, made a world of difference in long term comfort.

Not sure how it works on the Busa though, but will report back when mine is delivered in March.

Back