Gen 3 comfort

Gen3lover

Registered
I'm seriously thinking of picking up a Gen 3 but I'm a little concerned about leg comfort. I sat on one yesterday at my local dealer and my legs were nearly tucked in up to my chest. I'm 6' tall and coming off a cruiser type bike so I know I'm used to a more relaxed riding position but wow.
Are there drop pegs I can buy?
How do you all like that tucked position?

First of all-welcome...

As for your question there are many people over 6' riding these bikes comfortably...your previous riding style has left you a bit tainted I figure..

You can get drop pegs for the bike, there are a few different designs at different prices, I went to a Chinesium 1" drop set 3 yrs ago that works well for me

Thanks for the welcome. I am definitely tainted by my current bike’s leg position but just the same, glad to hear there are drop pegs available. I’m pretty even between torso and legs so drop pegs ought to do it.
Trying to decide between the black and the white paint schemes. Decisions, decisions.

I was 42 years old and in good shape when I bought my first sport bike. I too had gotten used to a cruiser. Yes, at low speed, coming to a stop the high up weight will be scary. Be careful and you'll get used to it. As for the high up foot position, that took the first season to get used to too. I got some severe cramps a couple of times. The craned neck position was also something that took me a season to get used to. At 55 years old now and in less good shape, it's all second nature.

Here's a recent post with some info about going from a cruiser to a busa.

Thanks guys. I in the middle of selling my 2015 BMW R1200RT which I’ve had for 2 years so you can see where I’m coming from. Prior to the beemer I had a Kawasaki ZX-14.
I’m just need to get used to a sportier position. Good to know about drop pegs. I think that may be my first mod.

Thanks guys. I in the middle of selling my 2015 BMW R1200RT which I’ve had for 2 years so you can see where I’m coming from. Prior to the beemer I had a Kawasaki ZX-14.
I’m just need to get used to a sportier position. Good to know about drop pegs. I think that may be my first mod.
Hello, we can generally all see pretty good so there's no need to bold your posts.

Yes, there is a big difference in riding position from the Beemer to the Busa (my brother has the same Beemer) but the ZX has a very similar riding position so your riding muscle memory will come back to you quickly I reckon....

Instant Rider Position Acclimation Training (IRPAT)

Follow these easy steps:

1. Get on your Busa.
2. Find an open, safe road.
3, Point your Busa down the road, then turn the right grip all the way counterclockwise (roll it towards you).
4. You will quickly draw up in a tight tuck as you struggle to hold onto the beast.
(Note: A change of underwear is recommended gear for this training)

I offered to allow Suzuki to license this for their manuals...

If you purchase the bike, it will take a reasonable amount of time for you to decide what you need to do.

On my 2005, I raised the controls an inch and a quarter, I dropped the pegs 3/4 of an inch with a pair of TLR Pegs, and installed the Corbin Saddle which raises you up a bit, and my legs are just fine at 6'2".

Coming from a cruiser to this particular bike is not as extreme as going from a cruiser to, shall we say, a GSXR 600 or 1000.

This bike already has a more comfortable feel than my 2005 when it was brand new. I may adjust a few things, but I'm gonna put some miles on it first.

Welcome to the fold.

I have owned quite a few bikes, and ridden countless more.
I had a gen2 for 3 1/2 years, loved it, it's the best motorcycle engine ever...and was one of the Most Uncomfortable bastards that I have ever ridden!
Multiple seat, peg and bar combos, and still uncomfortable.
The gas tank and reach to the bars with high knees is simply too much for me...Me.
I went to a Bking and then back to 1000's and love them.
I wouldn't purposely steer anyone away from a Busa, because they are excellent motorcycles in every way.
Your body will take some adjusting to a new riding position too.
But don't fall in love with a bike, sit on it and find it awkward and uncomfortable, and have to talk yourself into it becoming more comfortable in time.
It may improve slightly, but not alot.
Make sure any bike you buy fits You well, and that you don't feel crippled riding it.
Good luck with it.

Thanks for the tips and sorry about the bolded posts up top - getting used to this forum.
I think after putting some miles on this thing I’ll know if I really need to make any adjustments with the pegs.
I don’t have any health issues, it’s just that some reviewers have used words such as “cramped” and “tucked” when describing the ergonomics.
Granted, these reviewers only ride the bike for a couple of hours before they do their write up which is why your opinions count more to me.

I have owned quite a few bikes, and ridden countless more.
I had a gen2 for 3 1/2 years, loved it, it's the best motorcycle engine ever...and was one of the Most Uncomfortable bastards that I have ever ridden!
Multiple seat, peg and bar combos, and still uncomfortable.
The gas tank and reach to the bars with high knees is simply too much for me...Me.
I went to a Bking and then back to 1000's and love them.
I wouldn't purposely steer anyone away from a Busa, because they are excellent motorcycles in every way.
Your body will take some adjusting to a new riding position too.
But don't fall in love with a bike, sit on it and find it awkward and uncomfortable, and have to talk yourself into it becoming more comfortable in time.
It may improve slightly, but not alot.
Make sure any bike you buy fits You well, and that you don't feel crippled riding it.
Good luck with it.
And I found liter bikes to be uncomfortable for me as well as twitchy and prone to being blown all over the place in any kind of cross wind or on-coming vehicle wind blast...the Hayabusa is just so stable and predictable it makes sense to me. I do find the bars to be a bit of a reach but I spend very little time in traffic that it doesn't bother me so much.

I do have Helibars and drop pegs on it which helps but only so much.

So Bumblebee, how long can you ride before you feel uncomfortable? Each individual is different but just curious what your experience is.

So Bumblebee, how long can you ride before you feel uncomfortable? Each individual is different but just curious what your experience is.
I am not the standard for this comparison as I have arthritis in both hands....other than pain in my hands, I have no pain anywhere else and I believe in my youth I could have rode this bike all day long.

I don’t have any health issues, it’s just that some reviewers have used words such as “cramped” and “tucked” when describing the ergonomics
Its basically the same riding position as a sport bike its not a comfortable bike to go fast on for extended periods

I'm 6'0 and weigh 300 pounds and came off an ST1300... I also had comfort concerns, but the more I ride it, the less of an issue it becomes and I'm hoping that by the time Summer rolls around I won't feel like changing my bars or pegs at all. There are always aftermarket products to change the bikes, but I recommend riding it a while before you change it..

Back