gen 2 hard to start when hot??

I think twice in the past 4K miles mine has grunted when hot and on a short stop. Like mentioned before there is a procedure for starting issues, cold and hot. These are employed if there's a problem, not every start.

The Gen II is running higher compression, is a stroker, and has a new head design.

I have a question, ive read quite a bit about people having trouble with the 08 busa not wanting to start when its hot. Why is this and what can be done about it?? Would putting a better bigger battery in it cure the problem?? The reason i ask is last year i was in the finals at our strip and when it was my turn to pull up to race the bike wouldnt start, my heart started to race lol talk about panic!!! then all of a sudden it fired up... i dont want to have to deal with this again.

I know a lot of drag racers run double batteries due to high compression and heat soaking. Try looking at some other forums where they have a drag racing section to see if they hook them in series for higher start voltage or in parallel for high current. I think they can be wired so the starter see 24 volts and the rest of the system will see 12 volts.

Back