Gen 2 fuel gauge issue

Zee

Registered
Hi everyone i have a 2017 busa. Just did some routine maintenance on it like spark plugs air filter oil etc. Now when I turn the key on my fuel gauge is stuck at empty. I already check all the rubber hose and connection to the gas tank but still problem stays the same. Can anyone help me how to fix it? Attaching video for reference
TIA

SmartSelect_20220608-151005_Photos.gif

Did you take the tank off or just lift it? I ask as the fuel gauge wouldn't get unplugged by lifting it...

It seems to be getting power as the needle sweeps when the bike is turned on...

it has to be something very simple.
I took the tank off. I know and its pretty frustrating... trying to figure it out what it could be but no luck

I remember seeing that here as an issue years ago, but unfortunately don't remember the cause.
Have you lifted the tank again and checked the wiring?
Do you have the service manual to test the relay?
Yes i did lift the tank and check the wire plug. I have the manual but I haven't done the relay thing yet

It's inside the tank and part of the fuel pump assembly....although I mentioned it as a possibility it is unlikely...

It must be something very simple as it worked before you did the maintenance so something occurred during that time, perhaps retrace your steps.
Hmm alright. Gonna do that all over again and see where I messed up

@Zee

pull the pump, reconnect the wire plug, switch on ign and test by moving the level gauge (gen2 manual, page 1g-5 , #1) by hand and if the gauge in the meter reacts.

(perhaps the lever got stuck somehow inside tank by moving the tank)

and if you have the gen2-manual not yet download it here
Definitely gonna check it. And yes I do have the manual. Thank you really appreciate the help

Back