Gen 2 baseline suspension settings

Stilslo

Registered
I've been searching threads and found good info. Saw Jinksters thread about setting sag and will try it when I have an extra hand in the garage to measure. I also ordered Sportbike Suspension Tuning by Andrew Trevitt and hopefully it will be on the doorstep next week. In the meantime, can anybody give me baseline settings for the gen 2 with a 215lb rider? How many clicks on the front forks and how much thread from the collar to the top on the rear? As I get more comfortable with the busa in the turns, the rear end is feeling more and more squishy in hard turns.

I've been searching threads and found good info. Saw Jinksters thread about setting sag and will try it when I have an extra hand in the garage to measure. I also ordered Sportbike Suspension Tuning by Andrew Trevitt and hopefully it will be on the doorstep next week. In the meantime, can anybody give me baseline settings for the gen 2 with a 215lb rider? How many clicks on the front forks and how much thread from the collar to the top on the rear? As I get more comfortable with the busa in the turns, the rear end is feeling more and more squishy in hard turns.

Try 3 or 4 threads visible above the lockring on rear spring. That should get you in the ballpark.

If you have a good bike shop near you, give them a call about doing suspension set-up. I paid mine $35 and it was one of the best $$ I've spent for my bike (plus it was quick and easy for me)

I'd like to learn how to do it myself, but if I hose it up too bad I will have a shop set it up for me.

Thanks guys. I set the rear lock ring at 3 threads and adjusted rebound and compression per sport riders suggested settings last night. I hit the mountains for a few hours this morning and it's much improved. Front end was a bit bumpy on the highway cruising to and from, but i'll work it out.:beerchug:

Thanks guys. I set the rear lock ring at 3 threads and adjusted rebound and compression per sport riders suggested settings last night. I hit the mountains for a few hours this morning and it's much improved. Front end was a bit bumpy on the highway cruising to and from, but i'll work it out.:beerchug:

The front suspension (or rear)is going to become more bumpy highway cruising the closer it gets to being set correctly.
The plus is what you see some of already, a bike that handles much better where it counts.:beerchug:

Back