Suspension set up

Started the suspension set up on the Busa. Extra 5 mm showing on thread on rear shock. 1 click extra rebound. Front 1 click rebound 2 clicks compression. Wow I would say it`s pretty much there. Bikes been transformed ! Oh and the 42 lbs of pressure in the front wheel !

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Humm. He didn't give any specifics about his weight or riding style, and it seems the replies to what he's done are negative without being based on anything tangible.

Humm. He didn't give any specifics about his weight or riding style, and it seems the replies to what he's done are negative without being based on anything tangible.
I ride hard and love the twisties. When I got the bike it would not track true. It would run wide into corners and want to go straight. I found the front end was "loose". re greased the head race barings and re tightend. Raised the back end by compressing the spring by +5mm. Front was still "bouncy especially when cranked over on un even surfaces. Back would wallow very slightly. Hence the adjustment to the front and rear ! Bike now tracks and follows the road with littel rider input and now soaks all the bumps up !

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Explain then I might be able to comment. By the way I have been riding bikes for over 40 years and do not ride in straight lines like you guys over the pond !
With your suspension setup, I thought you were attempting to haul a heavy load! Had no idea you were trying to improve cornering performance.