gen 1 yoshi slip ons

spencersr

Registered
Has anyone ever gutted or modified yoshi slip ons.? I want them louder and I don't have money for a full system right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes! I have carbon Yosh's and drilled out the rivets, took it apart, removed all the packing and reinstalled. Drill the back side closest to the bolt up NOT AT THE TIP! the fun part is separating the base from the housing without scratching it. A lot more sound, but not obnoxious. :thumbsup:

So I only drill the ones at the mid pipe end? Is it quiter than open tips cause I'm not exactly legal just want to be heard for safety (yea right) thanks looks like a have a after church project or might just cut the shed lights on.!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

So I only drill the ones at the mid pipe end? Is it quiter than open tips cause I'm not exactly legal just want to be heard for safety (yea right) thanks looks like a have a after church project or might just cut the shed lights on.!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No you only drill the ones at the outlet of the exhaust. The exhaust is still mediocre at best as far as loudness. Its really not that loud even after taking them out but it is louder.

Just finished took bout an hour removed the packing on the right side there was none in the left . It wasn't really any louder so I removed the baffles also and it sounds great
Posted via Mobile Device

Can someone do a small write up and have pics posted on this small project. I'd like to do mine as well. I have the RS3's, and am looking to make them louder, but do not want to spend the money on a whole new exhaust system. I was also debating buying the small tips, and then remapping.

Can someone do a small write up and have pics posted on this small project. I'd like to do mine as well. I have the RS3's, and am looking to make them louder, but do not want to spend the money on a whole new exhaust system. I was also debating buying the small tips, and then remapping.

I just used the tutorial that Yoshimura USA has to replace the packing. Once getting everything out just remove the baffle from the inside, which is not attacked to anything and should be just slipped out.

It's really easy just drill the rivets out on the tip end slide the tips out pull the packing out and wiggle the baffle out and re-rivet the tips in. Be careful with the drill because mine snagged the band and twisted it
Posted via Mobile Device

Just went for a ride down the beach and the pipes sound great not annoying but great low growl .I'm startup to love this bike more and more
Posted via Mobile Device

Just went for a ride down the beach and the pipes sound great not annoying but great low growl .I'm startup to love this bike more and more
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you remove the baffles as well? As soon as I get my hands on a rivet gun, then I will be gutting mine as well.

Yea. Only one had packing in it so I don't know if there all that way but it really didn't make a difference so I removed both baffles. Youll be happy with it. I was afraid it would sound like a Volkswagen with a stinger but it sounds really good
Posted via Mobile Device

Just be careful because on the second one I drilled the rivet a little too much and wrapped the decorative band around the drill bit . Also I haven't re-riveted them yet just a few pan screws in each in case I need to replace the baffles
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay cool. Can you make a video on how they sound now? I know a camera wont do it any justice, but I will have a better idea on how they will sound.

They sound 100% better but no popping and not loud enough to get pulled over. If you don't like it you can always put the baffles back in
Posted via Mobile Device

Back