Gen 1 fork compression adjuster PARANOIA.

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Right, sorry to offload my paranoid head onto everyone but wondered if anyone else has had this issue. I have posted before with a few replies but its niggling me again.

I have a 2007 Gen1 Busa. I want to set the suspension settings to factory so I wind them all the way in and then turn out to the prescribed amount of clicks.

My issue is this. If I turn them both in almost immediately I start to move one of them it clicks...striaight away. The other side turns a fair way before the first click and what happens is that when they are set the slot on the adjuster on the left leg is vertical and the right side horizontal...90 degree difference.

Should I leave it like this or ignore the first click on the one and carry on until they are both the same orientation? I did have the fork seal repaired on the left leg and they never callibrated in the rebound adjuster so I had to take it back in and shout. Seems ok but wondered if it could have been something they have done....shouldnt be cos its at the bottom.

If I brake really hard I could swear one side feels different to the other.

Shoot me if Im going nuts.

Vindy.

Preload / compression with clicks? Are you talking about compression or rebound damping? Mines a Gen2, but I don't recall ever seeing a bikes preload set with clicks? Where's Tuf when you need him.

Dont get confused. The question relates to the COMPRESSION adjusters on the bottom of the gen 1 fork legs. I may have confused the issue mentioning the recallibrating of the rebound adjuster after the seal was done....basically they took the cap off and put it back on again....you cant...it has to be wound right out and the nut set at 11mm before the cap goes back on. Preload is done with the nut on the top and lines showing.

Vindy.

Very interesting. Doesnt address my issue directly though. I like the way the Busa squats under power which is a little at odds to the Jinkster info however there is room for improvement. It is a big bike mind and its never going to dance in corners like a smaller machine but its a trade off.

Gen 1 owners help me out and check them adjusters...carefully.!

It is common for the first click not to be the same!

Yes, and I've always been told to start with them both set at the first clck off fully closed and count the clicks from there-not from fully closed.

Back