Gen 1 Crank and cam sensor type

alexands

Registered
I'm putting an aftermarket ECU on a Gen 1 motor. I have searched but have not found a concise answer to my question - Is the crank sensor a hall or VR type? Same thing for the cam sensor?

Thanks

I'm putting an aftermarket ECU on a Gen 1 motor. I have searched but have not found a concise answer to my question - Is the crank sensor a hall or VR type? Same thing for the cam sensor?

Thanks
Hi Who is the maker of the ECU. I an using one by MAXX. DAS has them ask for Eric 978-453-0807. I am building a 850+ HP turbo busa I think they are the best to run.

I'm putting an aftermarket ECU on a Gen 1 motor. (....)

eventually the following can help.

i changed the 16 bit ´00 ecu to a 32bit ´03 ecu and flashed that, ok so far

but

to get this combination run i had to change the rotor as well.
the new (32bit) rotor has 23 teeth instead of 8 teeth at the 16bit.

good luck :-)

Last edited:
both sensors are Hall effect , i have fitted a Magnetic sensor to the cam , it’s a honeywell 101 ( common sensor) it makes it a little easier to programme a motec ( or similar ) after market ecu , magnetic requires 2 wires not 3 ( hall have a power supply — usually 5v) magnet “ generate “ a square wave signal

correction to my previous answer
original fittment to Gen 1 cam sensor is magnetic ie 2 wires to it , and crank sensor is Hall effect ( 3 wire ) the non genuine sensor i have fitted to the cam is magnetic

Back