Gen 1 Busa with full Yosh TRS single system HP

jimbob8915

Registered
I have my mint 2005 Busa with 1100 miles that I am wanting to do some upgrades. It has a small airbox mod and I did get my ECU flashed to remove all restrictions. I found a really nice used Yosh TRS full system with the single side muffler but I can find anything anywhere on both these relics. What kind of gains can be seen with this pipe and a reflash for my mods? Thanks

Definitely lose some weight if u still currently have the stock exhaust. That plus the couple extra hp and you’ll feel alil difference if u get it tuned on a dyno. And sound cooler lol

If you did the large airbox mod(large cut-out instead of just the flap removed/small airbox mod), that exhaust, and ecu flash, on a dyno it would probably make roughly low to mid 160's hp and mid 90's torque, depending on dyno and conditions.
The air/fuel would need tuned through the ecu(some tuners can, some can't), otherwise you would need a power commander for the a/f
But, more importantly, don't get hung up on numbers.
Suspension and brakes are where to spend money.
And if you want a small gain in acceleration, with little loss to top speed, then a -1 front or +3 rear sprocket is a cheap and noticeable improvement.

I also have a K&N filter.
Currently -1 up front. I am thinking when I split my cases to go stroker crank I will add the +3 rear sprocket and put in the higher gear ratio 5th and 6th gear.

K&N maybe good for a hp.
I don't know where you'de get different ratio individual transmission gears.

You'll need the 1397cc
Otherwise you won't have the hp to pull the speeds the gearing allows.

Back