Alitude????

Pop

Prairie Rider
Donating Member
Registered
I live in Cheyenne Wy. Altitude is 6062 feet. I have the following mods on my 2005 Busa.

K&N Filter
TRE
Yoshimura Exhaust TRS Race Full System stainless
Pair valve mod
and PC# USB with custom map.

My question is about how much HP did I gain by doing these mods and how many of those HP are "robbed" by the altitude. Just for fun.....
biggrin.gif

its substancial.
What is the gains by the mods or the robbed ones?  J/K  
tounge.gif
I'm gonna have to refer you to jhonnycheese, give him a PM,what I can tell you is the higher you go, there is less oxygen, a key component in the combustion process.The trick is leaning it back out to where it needs to be without scorching pistons and valves, and yet remaing competitive in a race situation.

So basically all the mods I did "might" bring it up to stock....due to the altitude. Hmmm.

An intresting topic for all of us coming from 0 to 1500 feet altitude going to 9000+ in Copper Mountain, Co. this summer. Guess I'll have to bottle up some of this good ole Arkansas air and bring it with me.
wink.gif
Finally, I may be able to give her a good twist in first gear without looping it....
tounge.gif

Here ya go Pop, I used these settings;
Air Temperature   65degrees F  
Altimeter Setting  29.92inches Hg  
Relative Humidity   20%  
Altitude   6062feet  

Here are the results
Relative Horsepower   79.8%

So say 160hp at sea level with the same temp, humidity, and pressure.  Will give you 127.7hp.      
sad.gif

At least altitude affects everyone. Keeps it fair
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115723166 -->

Ohh, and don't forget, since you have less air to resist the bike's forward motion, you don't need as much HP to as fast and you'll use less fuel to do it.
wink.gif

Only effects NA bikes real bad. Turdblo's are effected less... It's true.

Pop, did you notice a difference with the TRE, I am in gillette and did not notice any difference with mine, some with said that the higher altitude cause it to stutter at speed and others reported no benefit at all.

Back