h.p. question

ajm

Registered
Roughly how much hp. can you expect to get with these mods?
tre
k&n filter
pair valve removed
block off plates
full system muzzy
pc3 usb
I was wanting to know approx. what it would be at rear wheel and at engine. I know that every bike well very but what would an accurate approximation be?
I've also got a 43 rear sprocket on> I know this doesen't affect hp. but it does have some stomp to it.

ajm

(ajm @ Feb. 03 2007,09:14) Roughly how much hp. can you expect to get with these mods?
tre - <span style='color:blue'>No gain</span>
k&n filter - <span style='color:blue'>estimate 2 HP</span>
pair valve removed - <span style='color:blue'>No gain</span>
block off plates - <span style='color:blue'>No gain</span>
full system muzzy - <span style='color:blue'>Maybe 5 HP</span>
pc3 usb - <span style='color:blue'>Maybe 5-10 HP</span>

All together, you can probably expect 10-15 HP, give or take. Again, it's an estimate, bench racing is often very wrong. Only way to know for sure is to do it an throw it on a dyno.

PM GPW (Greg)
beerchug.gif

Your best test is the before mod dyno run, atleast 3 or 4 runs for a solid baseline and a post mod dyno run. I am guessing a 10 hp increase with that set-up on a honest dyno with SAE corrected numbers.

(ajm @ Feb. 03 2007,07:14) Roughly how much hp. can you expect to get with these mods?
tre
k&n filter
pair valve removed
block off plates
full system muzzy
pc3 usb
 I was wanting to know approx. what it would be at rear wheel and at engine.  I know that every bike well very but what would an accurate approximation be?
 I've also got a 43 rear sprocket on>  I know this doesen't affect hp. but it does have some stomp to it.

ajm
155-160 @ the rear wheel
wink.gif

I have run (8) Hayabusa's for max horsepower runs in the last (6) days all of which were piped and PCIII tuned. Lowest was 139 highest was 160. Won't get into which pipes did what but the testing confirmed a lot of what we already knew....
super.gif
I spend almost everyday testing products against other products. That's what I have fun doing. From oil to tires to pipes to alarms to wheels and so forth. Helps me to suggest the right set-up for my customers.

How much HP? More then it was less then it will be!
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 03 2007,17:54) PM GPW (Greg)  
beerchug.gif
I'll offer a free dyno run to anyone with the above set-up so you can know for yourself. Just give me a call...thanks Heavy.

checked out your website and read about your dyno's load control, kool stuff.
super.gif

1 of my best friend has same mods with custom map and he's @ 164RWHP. I think it was a 12 or 13 RWHP increase over stock runs he did.

EDIT: But you must remeber that NO 2 DYNO AND BIKE ARE THE SAME. so understand that's what his came in at, your might be more, might be less...

(GPW @ Feb. 03 2007,20:26)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 03 2007,17:54) PM GPW (Greg)
beerchug.gif
I'll offer a free dyno run to anyone with the above set-up so you can know for yourself. Just give me a call...thanks Heavy.
Too bad you're in MD or I'd be in. Only difference from the OP is no TRE, and I did the small box mod.

Back