Gel Seats

Black&Bluebusa

Registered
Lookin into getting a Gel Seat for my 02 and need some input from the members.
Good , Bad , Price , ect.

Thanks in advance

Pat

I had one on mine for about nine months and had no complaints at all. I replaced it with a Tobin done on my original seat to get the lower arse position the Tobin offers - that takes weight off your hands just like raising the bars. I sold the gel seat on here for $85, I think.

Ed

I had a gel seat on mine for about a year, ordered a Tobin and haven't looked back. I have my gel seat, on of the hooks on the back of the seat is bent....
if you want it we can work something out.

I bought an OEM gel seat and was dissappointed. I really couldnt' tell the difference between the gel and the regular seat. The gel seat did have a cloth cover and would hold water. The actual gel in the seat was only about a quarter inch thick. I returned it!

Thanks! Looks like Tobin will be getting my business this spring.

I did hear about the gel seat not resisting water and for the price the Tobin is a great addition.

Thanks for you help guys!

Pat

I have a gen I gel seat and it was WAY more comfy than the stock seat. I then got a tobin seat and my gel hasn't been back on my bike
laugh.gif
I have ridden my tobin for a 250 mi ride with no problems. I keep my gel around just for the thought that one day I might do an iron butt ride one day
smile.gif

So.... what you guys are saying is - Tobin.
Hmmmmm. Thanks!

Had a blk and silver gel seat on mine for 2 days, then switched to my Tobin. Maybe the gel's get softer with time, but mine was hard as a rock.

Suzuki Gel seat is worse than stock. Gonna have to try a Tobin seat out, so many folks like em!

The gel seat is a bit more comfy than the stock one, but not by much. The fabric does hold water as fabric would be expected to. The one problem I have with mine is that, when it's cold outside, the gel is pretty hard.

I just put a gel seat on my Busa the other day. To be honest I can't really tell a huge difference from the stock seat. However, I think the Tobin seat makes you sit lower on the busa. I may be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me. Just take that into consideration.

Had a blk and silver gel seat on mine for 2 days, then switched to my Tobin. Maybe the gel's get softer with time, but mine was hard as a rock.
I've got this gel on my bike now~ It has softened up over time.. I'm sure my 220lb arse has something to do with that~
wink.gif
I noticed it sits a tad bit higher then the stock seat also.. for me that's a plus~ I'm happy with my gel seat~ Besides.. it just looks damn good on my bike..
tounge.gif

I had the black and silver suzuki gel seat on my 03 when I sold it. Sits a bit higher than stock. Was kinda slick which made it easy to move around on also made it easy to slip off of. I never had a problem with butt burn. I put in 500 miles in a day more than once. But then again I did the same with the stock seat. Stock seat was actually softer. Just for reference. I owned mine for just less than three months, seats and Busa, and had 5800 miles on it when I sold it.

I guess it may depend on how heavy you are to really see a noticeable difference. I've ridden with all three (stock, gel, and Tobin), and by-far I must say that the Tobin and gel are fairly even. The Tobin seat does nothing for me at 6'5" because the cut in the seat is too low and makes me bend my knees quite a bit more as opposed to the stock height. I've got two remedies for that. Either I will... 1. See if Tobin can work his magic in the opposite direction. That is, adding the raised area to the rear of the seat as opposed to cutting the seat down. 2. Use the Buell pegs that I scooped up from epicrisis which is lower than stock and see how well that works. Wish me luck...
smile.gif

Never rode with a gel seat, but I do enjoy the comfort of the Tobin seat. I'm tall also, but I put a set of Protek pegs on too for added leg room. I put about 250 miles in a day on the bike with the Tobins before the pegs and didn't have any problems.

I have the black and silver (new style) gel seat on my '03 and that thing is hard as hell. I can barely do 50 miles before I'm doin the butt cheek shuffle. I'm gonna go back to stock this weekend to see if there's a difference. One good thing about the gel is that it's way easy to move around on. If I knew I was gonna be in the twisties all day long, I would definitely use the gel. As long as you aren't stuck in one position for a long time the gel is good.

Damn those look sweet. I really like the Tobin's look but with my long legs I like to be able to move around on the seat.

Back