Gel seat for Gen ll

I don't think you'll get any of them cheap unless you buy a used one.

I have the Saddleman Techstyle on my ZX-14 and it is a one piece seat with a cowl on top of the pillion area. I like it a great deal but it was a weight gain over stock. It looks cool as hell and it's comfortable. Improves the downslope slippery slide on the ZX-14 seat. I doubt Saddlemen did much to redesign the shapes of the rider and pillion seats for the busa. I heard one comment that the Techstyle has a gap at the tank or something so I'd check into that and get info from owners. There is a gap a the back of my ZX-14 Techstyle but you don't see it with the cowl on.

Looking for a Gel seat for a Gen ll Busa. Which is the best seat for the best price these days?
I have tried the Suzuki gel seat and it wasn't bad but I ended up with a saddlemen track seat with the opening down the middle and it has been a blessing. Me being a bigger guy I no longer have issues with anything going numb like with the other seats. It doesn't fit as nice as an oem but it isn't so bad and for the comfort I can live with it. It is a firm seat even after the 10k or so i have put on it but I've heard from several people that a firm seat is better when it comes to long rides. I have thought of trying to get my oem seat cut down in a similar shape with a little softer foam for short rides because this one does raise you up a little bit. Of course that's better for the long hauls but I do like the lower position when doing some spirited riding.
This is basically what mine looks like but don't let the ads fool you out comes only with a pillion cover and not a matching pillion seat (my buddy was quite upset when he didn't read the ad :laugh: :laugh:)
Screenshot_20200812-224308_Google.jpg

Thanks for the replies I'm reading the different reviews on a few brands. I just got my bike and took my first long ride. 2 hours and my butt was so numb had to keep stopping for relief. I'm 6'6 245 so I'm trying to figure it all out.

Thanks for the replies I'm reading the different reviews on a few brands. I just got my bike and took my first long ride. 2 hours and my butt was so numb had to keep stopping for relief. I'm 6'6 245 so I'm trying to figure it all out.
If your that big I would strongly suggest the saddlemen like I have. I wish it would have been the first seat I tried and the channel in the middle took care of all the numbness for me.

If your that big I would strongly suggest the saddlemen like I have. I wish it would have been the first seat I tried and the channel in the middle took care of all the numbness for me.
Thank you, I'll google some pics of Busa's with the saddlemen on it due to you mentioning the fit.

Thank you, I'll google some pics of Busa's with the saddlemen on it due to you mentioning the fit.
If I get out on mine I'll try to remember to snap a few pics, or doesn't fit the oem lines perfectly but to me it's not a bad as some of the videos and reviews I read on it.

Back