GEEZ !!! All These Modifications !!

Too bad most cops don't have your attitude 161, you seem like a good cop.

maniac

[This message has been edited by maniac marshall (edited 13 August 1999).]

Yes cops are our friend, speed dont freak out dude............I had a california highway patrol follow me from deathvalley junction all the way into nevada, i didnt know he was behind me with the lights on. BUt once he realized i was wearing earplugs and didnt look in the mirror, the cop was actually nice to me and he could have taken me to jail.......so give the cops some respect they have a tough job to do........

Vegasdude,,very true !! Police are People Also. Good ones & Bad ones,,Just Remember Not to act with an attitude if & when you guys are stopped,,and you may just get lucky..if you do get a ticket..suck it up..and realize that yes you were going over 100 in a 65 mile zone.
And Yes Police do Give preferential treatment to their own,,well thats just the way things are..nobody can change what is. It appears unfair,,and "doublestandard-ish". But hey this is the profession I Picked, and this is one of the perks of it.
Never once did I say "I'm Sorry" for someone I arrested or gave a ticket to. I'll never Say Sorry for "Doing My Job"

Be Safe 161

Cop 161,you sound like a decent guy. We are having a few problems with drunk drivers down here on the west coast of Oz and it amazes me how many people are killed by the irresponsible idiots under the influence.Keep up the good work there.Ivisit the states every 12-18 months and love it With all the driving I have done there I have not had any problems,if I do I sure hope the cop is as understanding as you ,maybe I will catch up with on one of my visits. keep up the good work and ride safe.

Harv..thanks alot it's a Never Ending mission for me to destroy and ruin the Life of any Drunk Driver Out there, and to keep Me/My Family/and everyone else Safe from the scum of this earth which is a Drunk Driver.

Ride Safe 161 ®

Did you graduate from BUD/S in '89? What team were you with?
Where were you stationed?

Falcon, I get the message that you disapprove of drunk driving, and I agree wholeheartedly. But your offer to have a frosty O'Doule's (which is booze-free "beer") with KawAbuser prompts me to ask exactly where you draw the line. Is it OK in your personal opinion to have a couple of beers or shots at a roadside bar while you're riding, as long as you stay under the legal blood alcohol limits?

There's no doubt that a couple of beers makes a guy ride more aggressively by reducing the natural inhibitions and fears that keep him cautious.

Are you a zero-alcohol-while-riding tolerance guy? If you smelled beer on a guy's breath when you pulled him over for a minor speeder would you automatically make him blow? If he blew under would you "punish" him by hitting full whack for any and all violations you could find?

I think I like your "on-a-mission" attitude. Just want to know how far it extends.

Falcon, I get the message that you disapprove of drunk driving, and I agree wholeheartedly. But your offer to have a frosty O'Doule's (which is booze-free "beer") with KawAbuser prompts me to ask exactly where you draw the line. Is it OK in your personal opinion to have a couple of beers or shots at a roadside bar while you're riding, as long as you stay under the legal blood alcohol limits?

There's no doubt that a couple of beers makes a guy ride more aggressively by reducing the natural inhibitions and fears that keep him cautious.

Are you a zero-alcohol-while-riding tolerance guy? If you smelled beer on a guy's breath when you pulled him over for a minor speeder would you automatically make him blow? If he blew under would you "punish" him by hitting full whack for any and all violations you could find?

I think I like your "on-a-mission" attitude. Just want to know how far it extends.

Dirty P, I'm on a big time mission to whack,destroy,Ruin The reputation,& make pay $$ any drunk out there. Personally I think No booze at all while On two wheels,,and below the limit on four. and when I do smell beer on A bike Rider..I would have have to stop him for a reason..but depending on his attitude..and how he was driving..all depends ??. But if he was driving Like an Ass-Hole,,and has an Attitude..then i'll impound his Ride (yes,,even if it is a Busa)..cause we don't Need careless/reckless/ Idiots out on the Same road my family drives on, and If he's drunk..i'll try my best he Never see his Bike again..or delay it's return..for as long as possible.

Cop161 ®

Whew...I think think I'll skirt Bergen County next time I'm riding in the States.

Whether I've had a couple of beers or not.

Sounds to me like the police officers there have a little too much discretion.

I consider police discretion a good thing, within well-defined limits. But if you're saying that, simply because you've caught a rider in a minor ticketable offence with beer on his breath but not drunk you can IMPOUND his bike simply because you don't like his riding style, that's too much.

Lawmakers, not police officers, decide the circumstances under which drinking drivers will be punished and the extent to which they will be punished.

It is not your job to "whack, destroy and ruin the reputation" of citizens who commit offences. You're there to detain or arrest them and give them tickets or hand them over to authorities more qualified than yourself to judge a) their guilt and b) their punishment.

You seem overly influenced in your treatment of people by your subjective assessment of their "attitude."

Yet nowhere in any criminal or traffic legislation will you find "attitude" characterized as a punishable offence.

In MY subjective assessment, there's no one in society more potentially dangerous than an armed, trained police officer with an aggressive, emotionally violent attitude.

Ditto!, I couldnt have said it any better myself Dirty Pete. And very nicely put too.

How is it okay to be "under the influence" in a CAR which is more deadly to others than it is on a BIKE ?

But then again its only okay for people cops knows, anyone else will get slammed with a 'DUI' (Driving Under the Influence) not to be confused with 'DWI' (Driving While Intoxicated).

Like the song goes "Like a Rolling Stone",Bob Dillion who,anyways be nice to people and people will be nice to you,do unto others that you want done onto you.Might be a bad day for both cop and defendent,but if your nice to people,than people should be nice to you bottom line.My 2cents

Right on, Dirty Pete and Speed! I'm starting to wonder about this "cop". His mood swings almost sound like a manic depressive. A driver in a car is MUCH more dangerous than one on a bike, and any police officer would know this. Also, any biker would know this, as we all have to deal with cars when we ride. Makes you wonder......

Well here's the latest update on the problems/corruption I've been describing on this thread about our local police force. For those that read about the ticket(s) I got on my Busa when I posted the account on the Hayabusa mailing list you may remember my reference to the cop who cited me as being a big indian guy. Well turns out he was arrested yesterday for DWI and assault. Appears he beat up some people in a local parking lot while off duty and fled the scene. He has multiple counts against him and you can read about it at: http://www.ardmoreite.com/stories/081899/new_eades.shtml

I'm just glad there wasn't a conspiracy to cover for him the way there was last time something like this happened. Out last police chief lost his job because of it.

FalconCop may be an exception,but i wouldn't doubt it if he exceeds the speed limit then turns around and nails the good time out of someone doing the same speed he did the other day....regardless of attitude.
The drunk driving bit of course,lock 'em up & throw away the key.But what do i care,being former drug addict of everything under the sun,booser,ciggarette smokin looser.
Then coming clean,and not givin a poop about any of it.
But Come on FalconCop admit it......... fuckin people over ups a police officers credibility & boosts their ego.
Sometimes i wish i could become a cop....
just to show the public what the ideal quote un quote GOOD COP should be,'cause i haven't met one yet.
I have so many bad cop stories,but yet not one fuckin thing i can recall where a cop has made the most logical decision,for me.
Believe what you guys want,and maybe your an exception Falconcop but......the majority of cops are out to get speeders.

Lifes short and exsistence alot of times seems pointless&misunderstood.
Life is all about having fun and doing the things you love.....
and everyone seems to have their vices,
some people like to do drugs,some like to just party,bar hop,play sports and
I love motorcycles,speed&just all out fun with the internal combustion engine.
Can't take that from me!
I'm also from Jersey,and i can tell you that its no place you'd want to be.....
boring shithole,no lie.
Exceed speed limit here,get ready for a lecture,200+$ ticket,court..
stay out Porky & company,Jersey is no place to be.Now that i'm ready to put my foot through my tv screen,i think i'm gonna put an end to all the erratic,useless babbling.....
goodnight.

Hey BUDDA...New Joizey can't be all bad.

Sinatra was born there in Hoboken, and you can go to Manfuckinghattan any time you want!

Re your take on cops:

Years ago I had a friend who became a small town judge. I used to ride with him and on occasion drag him, drunk as puke, and his bike out of ditch. As a judge, this guy went on a crusade against drunk drivers, sentencing EVERY drunk driver who came before him to the maximum...a short jail sentence. This created a national debate, and the judge was frequently on the cover of our national newspaper. He became known by the press as "The Hanging Judge of Belleville."

Here's the interesting part. While he was doing this, I was still riding with him, and still dragging him drunk out of ditches on country roads.

He never got caught as far as I am aware. But I lost touch with him for years, then one day I got a phone call from him. "Hi Pete it's me. Did you read about me shooting my mouth off?"

"What's new about that Jim?," I answered.

"Pete, I really did shoot my mouth off."

He had put a gun in his yapper and pulled the trigger. Obviously, he survived. He was demoted to a much lower court, out of the limelight, and I never heard from him or about him again.

Maybe he DID get cought by the cops and the justice establishment covered it up?

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 18 August 1999).]

"Three people occupying the van as passengers were also arrested on public intoxication charges."

Its just a quota system at work I bet. Didnt sound like they took part in the fight or did anything wrong but be in the wrong place with at cop & his discretion? But who knows I wasnt there when it happened.

I'm under the impression that some of the van passengers were involved in the altercation as well. It will probably be a while before the full story is known since the PD usually goes into full silence mode while internal investigations of one of their own is taking place.

People will be People,they will protect their own,bikers protect bikers unless you do harm to a child,police protect police,lawyers protect lawyers,the cycle never ends,that's the way off life.So flame any group it doesn't matter life will go on.

Back