GEEZ !!! All These Modifications !!

OB_FalconCOP161

Registered
Isn't anyone happy with their busa as it comes ??,,Well I just may put some Yosh or D&D slip-on's for sound..and a K&N filter,,and some russel brake lines..but thats it !!

Ride Safe Cop161

The profession is never boring. always something diff. Good & Bad. I've been to a few Motorcycle accidents..not a pretty sight. Yes Ex-military BUDS Class 184 the Teams. Plus the satisfaction of locking up Drunk Drivers and protecting US Riders and our families from that Scum of the Earth is reason enough to be a Cop

Ride Safe 161 HOOYAH !!

For some the bike is enough,
for others is just a starting point.

Why did You become a cop ?

[This message has been edited by speed (edited 11 August 1999).]

There's an easier answer. If the Busa were near perfect -- close enough to be very expensive to improve measurably -- most of us wouldn't bother. [True Gearheads will always bother, as it's no bother].

The Busa is not near-perfect. Mostly it is fat. Quick transitions are like mud wrestling a water buffalo. The weight rips tires apart under hard acceleration and G-force. It generates alot of inertia in every direction. It overheats its shock after hours of running in high ambient emperatures. Stopping from 150 MPH or more takes quite a long time.

The bottom line is that the bike is easy to improve, and well worth improving. By adding from about 10%-35% to the cost of bike, it is possible to improve its performance, in the manner you prefer, by at least that much, and more fully take advantage of the excellent motor and frame.

Speed I know this question is for Cop161 but I did ask my friends who are cops the same question and here goes on some of their answers.First some of them where exmilitary,VietNam vets,Army rangers,and special forces.Others the job was open to all genders/race and good benefits plus retirements where like the military.Others were their fathers/family members where cops,and most of them wanted to help out their community and fellow human.A few told me it was because of the power they have.Only one of my friends told me if he had to do it again he would not have become a cop but he is retiring in a couple of years,and the main reason he would not do it again is because he
would come on a accident/crime and find someone that he knows that was a victim of the accident/crime other then that he said that the brotherhood amoung cops were great.I've been to some of the cop parties in Hawaii and if you thing bikers party hard these guys party also no differents.

Cop 161----Good for you---What a great attitude! I wish more of your breathen felt the same. What part of the world are you in?

Earl..I'm IN NJ Bergen County.

Stay Alert
Stay Alive
Ride Safe
And All of You Better Stay Sober while Riding Or Else your Asses are mine And My Brothers in Blue.

Some cops do harrass people in the name of justice. Its to bad we dont have someone to police the police. Internal affairs -haha is run by cops to, and they live by the "protect our own" code too. :(

"too bad I couldn't take him and shoot him on sight like the Pig he was" - I am sure if you would have shot him your buddies would help cover your ass.

As Todd stated, I see cop drive and behave as we do but they get their panties in a wad when they see someone else doing the same stuff they do off duty. Its just a 'convenient' double standard for the boys in blue!

Okay... okay.. I will try to drop it now, I just get frustrated that nothing can be done about it, too much is covered but in the name of justice for me :(

We don't need to make this a cop vs biker thing. God knows it's bad enough with the ZX12 wannabe bunch.

Falcon Cop is doing his job, and protecting you, me, and the potential victims of drunk drivers.
He offered you the right of passage in his town, but singleing him out for his chosen career is not right. You or I will never see the carnage this person does on a daily basis. And we don't face the chance of getting our face shot off for pulling over some drug crazed wacko during a traffic violation. The police are not the enemy, they are the differance between civilization and arnachy. I am sure we have felt some injustice in the judicial system, but leave this guy alone he bought a busa just like you and me.

Thank you KaWaBuser..Very well put. To me personally Most Cops Are A-Holes who think they're High & mighty..the worst Violators are the Cops..I know that,,we all do. But we do have it very rough out there..small town Cops as well as big City officers. I speak for me and no one else,,I give breaks for Speed,,all depends on the persons attitude & driving history. Besides I look for other things,,Criminal things During the Stop..Drugs,,weapons,,anything illeagal.
So SPEED..Relax take a Chill and Don't jump on my Back..if the worst thing you did in your life is Speed on a A Busa..then you & me can take a ride pop a Cold frosty O'Doul's and Check out the Hot Broads checking out Our Bikes. Nuff Said..

Cisco you hit the nail on the head, "some .. because of the power they have" to many abuse this power for my taste. but thats another issue entirely.
AND you mention the 'Take care of our own' yea I have heard of cops leting cops off after a DWI accident & I have personally witnessed a cop(still in uniform but in his truck) harrassing some car by slaming on his brakes multiple times almost causing a multi car pile up. ... Now who would they have believed if they actually would have wrecked??????? This cop & his buddies or the kid in the car?!

Sorry got side tracked...

Cop161 you said because always different, kinda exciting too right ? Its all about adrenaline, you get it at work I get it on my bike. The more i can get the better. MOD..MOD..MOD...HP..HP....> ADRENALINE :)

Just like speedlimits are detuned for everyone including that $10k geo metro that cant do but 70mph or $30k 150mph sports car or the $10k 200mph superbike. They are NO determination for the safest speed for the road. So if people purchase machines that can go faster safely and use it wisely then it can be exceeded safely,taking into account ALL conditions. I mean were not stupid here, it does reduce the margin of safety if something goes wrong but that the risk we accept. I did say use wisely, thus impile the machine is maintained and ALL conditions are correct for the the relative safety of everyone using the road.

Why do cops set up speed traps at the straightest parts of the highway, because they now people will feel safe and you are gonna get your quota.

Why mod ? So I can go faster safer,and thus more adrenaline I will get :) Dont take the first part to personal, I just have something against cops have one set of rules for themselves and one for everyone else. Some cops are "do as i say not as i do types", I hope your not :)

Later...

FalconCop--"Your asses are mine"?
My uncle is a cop and a couple of my friends.
Some cops are great as people and others are --well like many others in this world.
Your occupation is just that. Your occupation.
I don't drink and ride, and respect the laws, and those willing to uphold it, for the most part. Yes, I speed from time to time.
I'm sure you never exceed 55 mph.
But please, I hope your kidding with the asses are mine stuff.
Bob

Bob, I think he is referring to drunk drivers when he says "your asses are mine"
which is fine by me. I don't drink whether I'm driving/riding or not (makes me sleepy) but those that do have no business trying to drive. It seems only about 20% of the driving population where I live can drive properly even when sober. Drunk drivers are a problem here too. Even a cop was involved in an accident[other driver was DOA] about three years ago and he was found to be intoxicated. The local chief of police and a few select officers tried to cover for him. They were found out and after a huge stink the chief lost his job because of it. Our local force has had a lot of problems with corruption and I would be pleased to meet one that is straight up. I also started having a lot of problems with local patrol cops immediately following my purchase of a black Z-28. Even though I drove no differently than I did before I was being stopped based only on the type of car I was driving. They would make up "reasons" to stop me (none were speed related) like -
"you didn't use your blinker quick enough before you changed lanes". I've been stopped by detective in UNMARKED cars just so they could "check me out" even though state law prohibits unmarked cars from being used for traffic violations. I've even been stopped by a detective in his PERSONAL vehicle - just to "check me out". I hadn't been stopped bt the locals for SEVEN YEARS prior to the purchases of my Z-28. Within 6 months I had been stopped 5 or 6 times. Now I'm on a personla crusade against abuse of power as evidenced by my web site. It's not much but what else can I do? If Falcon is a straight up cop (and I have no reason to believe he is not) then I wish we had more like him here where I live.

BTW - I'm 36 with wife & three kids. I have short hair, dress nicely, stay in shape and don't look like a drug dealer or something.
I also work for a promenent oil company in our town. They always seem surprised at what they find AFTER they stop the CAR they thought must be driven by someone "bad".

I think we all need to meet up in NJ with FaalconCop161. Sounds like we could have a good time racing around his town.

Todd you're Right,,ANYONE who Drinks & Rides/Drives there ASSES are mine & the systems,,cause you don't belong on the road. So Bob thats what I meant about the Ass thing. Until you folks pull out a dead 6 yr old out of a pick-up because some low-life,Pile of waste, drunk crossed the double yellow..and he came out of it fine, while the little girl is died..Now you know my hatred for DRUNKS,,Yes his Ass was mine. Too bad I couldn't take his sorry Ass and shoot him on sight like the Pig he was. Sorry I just get Worked up when I think about it.

Ride safe,,I'm gonna tune up my summons Book..it's thursday..ladies Nite,,good nite to whack those Losers.

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 12 August 1999).]

Porky,,Sorry Bro..Can't Speed in my Town, Too many Kids in the Area..I'll have to whack you myself. Rt 80 is the place to let the Busa Loose..But then again My buddies in the New Jersey State Police Take No prisoners Either..Just watch when you ride & Ride safe

161 ®

Dude I almost though you sounded like my very good friend, who is a cop. but I was brought back to reality - "I'll have to whack you myself."

Too bad, Porky, come on down I got some places for us to play! :)

You guys should live in Hawaii all cops are nice,"Big Island/Kona/Hilo",they wave,stop and talk to you,help you push your car if your stuck"battery dead",normal gals/guys. Just don't let them catch you if your DUI boy do they get mad, or child abuse or wife abuse.They don't have normal police cars,they drive what they want,SUV's,Carmero's,even a Vett,anyways like 161 said we are all human until you cross the line between right and wrong.Cops favorite motto,"It is better to be judged by 12 then to be carried by 6".Stay safe all,ride safe.

Speed, I detect you hold some grudge on Police,Lighten up Bro. You can "Play" all you like,,Just don't put anyone elses life in Danger while you Play. You T-Bone a Car in a Busa going 100+ you're gonna torpedo it in Half,,Kill yourself, just don't take anyone else with you.

Ride Safe Bro,,Take a Chill

Back