Gearshift Lever Alignment

Rokketman

Registered
I have already done a search with no success. I am trying to see if there is anything that tells you how to correctly align the gearshift lever on the splined shaft. Mine came off and now I am wondering how to correctly align it. I looked at some pictures posted and it closely resembles them. Just wondering if there is something specific for the alignment.

That is something that is usually adjusted to fit the rider.
Put it back on where it is most comfortable for you.
I try and make mine so my foot does not have to leave the peg to make a shift, and is comfortable.
IMO

only issue you need to watch for is on the down stroke.. if adjusted to far down it hits the kickstand (usually a buell peg mod problem) otherwise, find the spot where it does not hit the kickstand, go up a notch and see how it feels..

You're not serious are you? Put it back on to how it feels comfortable and has no issues hitting anything.

Thanks for all the answers. I had already put it back on there and have been riding it. Just wanted to make sure there was not "certain way" to put it on.

I actually adjust mine according to what shoes I'm wearing. If I've got on the combat boots, I adjust it up 2 splines so I can easily get my foot under it. If I've got on my racing boots or (god forbid) tennis shoes, then I lower it back down. the lower position is usually where it stays though as I really dont like to ride in anything but my racing boots unless I know I'm going somewhere where I'll be doing alot of walking.

I have same problem. In stock position I do miss some gears sometimes, so I decided to drop it 1 tooth. Know riding with CATs my foot is blocked by side stand. Someone told me to use that shaft which connects footpeg with front shaft but I don't know if that will work. Any ideas? Adjusting on the shaft directly lever is too low. Should I do some mods to it? Please help. thx

Back