Gearing

allenspencer

Registered
Hi. My bike won't move. Its like it's clutch is stuck in. I've changed the master cylinder and slave cylinder sills plus new dot 4.when pulling the rod out of the engine oil was leeking out of it. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hi. My bike won't move. Its like it's clutch is stuck in. I've changed the master cylinder and slave cylinder sills plus new dot 4.when pulling the rod out of the engine oil was leeking out of it. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks
More info is required to even assist you..

How old is the bike and what gen is it?
Has it done anything odd the last time you rode it (rough gear changes, noises, etc).

What prompted you to change out the MC and slave cylinder?

Barring what advice you are given, pulling the clutch pack could be in the cards....

hi man
what gen? 1 or 2? what year of constr. ?
you allways should mention that fact with every tech. question.

ok here that doesn´t matter because gen1 and 2 clutches are equal

but what do you wanna say with "won´t move" ?
explain that please very detailed.

and what did you do before you tried your described try of fixing?

the rod allways is at all busa a bit oily and a lill drop can come outa seal - thats usual, so forget that.
but never start the engine without rod IN and keeping it tight inside - otherwise you´ll have a bigger oil-lake under your busa.

what amount of oil leaked?

edit:
grin @Bumblebee was a bit faster than me :)

More info is required to even assist you..

How old is the bike and what gen is it?
Has it done anything odd the last time you rode it (rough gear changes, noises, etc).

What prompted you to change out the MC and slave cylinder?

Barring what advice you are given, pulling the clutch pack could be in the cards....
Hi. Sorry . Its a gen 1 on an 05 plate. First of all it started to make crunching noises when pulling in the clutch in the morning but after pumping the clutch a couple of times it was fine. After looking at the clutch fluid it was old and dirty. So changed that witch never helped. so I thought I'd just change it all while I was there. When pulling the rod out of the engine I noticed oil leeking out of the hole which I thought was strange. So as it is at the moment I can put it into gear release the clutch and it will rev but not move and change gear. So I'm stumped.

hi man
what gen? 1 or 2? what year of constr. ?
you allways should mention that fact with every tech. question.

ok here that doesn´t matter because gen1 and 2 clutches are equal

but what do you wanna say with "won´t move" ?
explain that please very detailed.

and what did you do before you tried your described try of fixing?

the rod allways is at all busa a bit oily and a lill drop can come outa seal - thats usual, so forget that.
but never start the engine without rod IN and keeping it tight inside - otherwise you´ll have a bigger oil-lake under your busa.

what amount of oil leaked?

edit:
grin @Bumblebee was a bit faster than me :)
It started making crunching noises in the morning. Sounded like it was half engaged into gear. So I thought it just needed a fluid change. But as its prob never had any of the sills changed then I thought I'd do them.. I wasn't expecting to be able to move the rod. (in and out) but to me it seems like it's stuck in the in Position. I didn't realise there would be a little leekage out of the rod hole. It was only a little and soon stopped. Have you any ideas b4 I get it towed to the garage.. Thanks allen

Hi. Sorry . Its a gen 1 on an 05 plate. First of all it started to make crunching noises when pulling in the clutch in the morning but after pumping the clutch a couple of times it was fine. (...)

outa my experiances
different possi´s

1. air in the system
2. master is not working correctly - a seal inside, at the master´s piston, might be demaged (by age)
3. one of the 2 drills in the master´s reservoir is clogged so the piston can´t "suck" enough fluid from the reservoir to move the slave´s piston
4. the seal in the slave is near to its end - if you can find under the sprocket cover only a lill drop of brake fluid change the slave´s inside seal

outa my experiances
different possi´s

1. air in the system
2. master is not working correctly - a seal inside, at the master´s piston, might be demaged (by age)
3. one of the 2 drills in the master´s reservoir is clogged so the piston can´t "suck" enough fluid from the reservoir to move the slave´s piston
4. the seal in the slave is near to its end - if you can find under the sprocket cover only a lill drop of brake fluid change the slave´s inside seal
Thanks for your reply. I changed master and slave sills yesterday and all is working well.. It will go into all gears but then only revs.

Hi. Sorry . Its a gen 1 on an 05 plate. First of all it started to make crunching noises when pulling in the clutch in the morning but after pumping the clutch a couple of times it was fine. After looking at the clutch fluid it was old and dirty. So changed that witch never helped. so I thought I'd just change it all while I was there. When pulling the rod out of the engine I noticed oil leeking out of the hole which I thought was strange. So as it is at the moment I can put it into gear release the clutch and it will rev but not move and change gear. So I'm stumped.
So, the bike will rev but won't go into gear or move....

Are you certain the clutch is engaging? These hydraulic clutches can be a PITA to bleed...there could be air still in the line.

Barring that and the MC and slave are working to order, the clutch cover will need to come off to see if the clutch pack is moving...if it is, you could have bigger problems in the transmission...

How many miles are on the bike?

Back